Constitutional Carry

For all discussion related to politics issues.
Bob
Board Founder

Re: Constitutional Carry

Post by Bob »

Most states don't have CC though
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

With Florida, 26 states now have CC. 1 (North Dakota) doesn't allow non state residents to carry w/o a home state permit. But some states allow open carry w/o a permit. Michigan is one of those.

Last edited by Mac66 on Mon Apr 17, 2023 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

OK - I need to re-educate on this...
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Nebraska just passed CC. that makes 27 states.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

That is great news. Nice to see the majority of States are free States.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Mac66 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:10 am Nebraska just passed CC. that makes 27 states.
Seems like its definitely becoming a trend. I don't expect the liberal strongholds like CA, NY and a few others to go CC anytime soon but maybe several other 'normal' states may follow suit.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

David wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:10 am
Mac66 wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 10:10 am Nebraska just passed CC. that makes 27 states.
Seems like its definitely becoming a trend. I don't expect the liberal strongholds like CA, NY and a few others to go CC anytime soon but maybe several other 'normal' states may follow suit.
It was proposed in Michigan few years ago when we had a Republican governor and a majority in the house and senate but our Gov said he wouldn't sign it if passed and there were enough Repubs on the wall to make it a close vote so it was never brought up. Last election switched to a Dem gov and majority in the senate. No chance now and they are even passing more anti-gun laws. Gonna be a while in Mich but eventually even we'll get there.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I saw someone interviewing people about open carry going into effect

"I'm really worried about all the people who might have guns"

[shaking head]. Yeah, a couple of idiots will be carrying that wouldn't have. But the people you really need to worry about never stopped just because they didn't have a permit. Dave - any stats on what % of criminals conducting gun crimes have a permit? I assume about zero.

How are people that survive this stupid?
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:52 pm I saw someone interviewing people about open carry going into effect

Why was the interview topic about open carry? That didn’t change.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

David wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:28 pm
Bob wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:52 pm I saw someone interviewing people about open carry going into effect

Why was the interview topic about open carry? That didn’t change.
Constitutional carry is either concealed or open...right?