Constitutional Carry

For all discussion related to politics issues.
David
Administrator

Re: Constitutional Carry

Post by David »

Mac66 wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 12:34 pm
David wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:28 pm
Bob wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 8:52 pm I saw someone interviewing people about open carry going into effect

"I'm really worried about all the people who might have guns"
Why was the interview topic about open carry? That didn’t change.
Constitutional carry is either concealed or open...right?
As far as Florida, it's just concealed. Open carry in Florida is still restricted to camping, fishing and hiking as well as going to and coming from those activities.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

David wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:33 pm
David wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:28 pm

Why was the interview topic about open carry? That didn’t change.
As far as Florida, it's just concealed. Open carry in Florida is still restricted to camping, fishing and hiking as well as going to and coming from those activities.
I wonder what the convoluted thought process is to allow constitutional carry but not open carry. In Michigan you can open carry, anything, pretty much anywhere that's not posted but you need a permit to carry concealed. In fact there are places where you can OC but not CC. Before it was challenged OC would have gotten you arrested but the people challenged it on the grounds the constitution allows one to keep and bear arms. It doesn't stipulate open or concealed.
Last edited by Mac66 on Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I know in the communist State of Illinois, the legislators argued that if you they "give you the right" to carry conceal, that meets the requirements in 2nd Amendment because you can bear arms.

I argued, that rights don't come from the government. The Constitution isn't a list of limits on personal freedoms, but on laws to stop tyrannical governments.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Mac66 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 5:23 pm
David wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 1:33 pm

I wonder what the convoluted thought process is to allow constitutional carry but not open carry. In Michigan you can open carry, anything, pretty much anywhere that's not posted but you need a permit to carry concealed. In fact there are places where you can OC but not CC. Before it was challenged OC would have gotten you arrested but the people challenged it on the grounds the constitution allows one to keep and bear arms. It doesn't stipulate open or concealed.
I agree that it's very odd how one state does 'this' and another state does 'that'. I think now that 'Permitless Carry' is a thing in Florida that open carry might be something that happens down the line. Can't say for sure, but it seems logical.

The 'mouse' will fight it of course but they've fortunately lost a lot of their juice :lol:
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bmyers wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:14 am I know in the communist State of Illinois, the legislators argued that if you they "give you the right" to carry conceal, that meets the requirements in 2nd Amendment because you can bear arms.

I argued, that rights don't come from the government. The Constitution isn't a list of limits on personal freedoms, but on laws to stop tyrannical governments.
Bingo!!!

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

DOn't know don't care. I'm concealing.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Don't like to advertise at all ... Gray man, walk softly carry a big stick ...whatever.
Just keep it hidden till absolutely needed

As a PS, leosa carry requires not showing.
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Well it's been several months now. Haven't seen any thing different from a fear-mongering perspective. Bad guys still carry unlawfully and good guys still carry for defense.

Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Isn't it amazing how the streets don't just fill with blood as the anti-gun people declare will happen.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bmyers wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:35 am Isn't it amazing how the streets don't just fill with blood as the anti-gun people declare will happen.
The left is now trying to pass legislation to have background checks on ammo purchases. Same playbook the left has tried in other states. It will fail but is a good reminder of their pursuit to circumvent the Constitution.

Sounds like those that shepherded Permitless Carry to fruition are now going to go for Open Carry with a permit. We'll see how that goes.

I'm not opposed to Open Carry.