The (alkaline) battery run time thread (graphs and actual test run times)

Flashlights, lanterns, torches and anything that sheds a little light for your path.
David
Administrator

The (alkaline) battery run time thread (graphs and actual test run times)

Post by David »

December 12th of 2014 I did a battery test using two Maglite AA mini-mag with incandescent bulbs. I'd forgotten all about that test and the original thread on BLF that I posted them in until this morning. I got an email notification saying a new post had been made. So I'm re-posting the results here.

Sunbeam Heavy Duty (Dollar Store non-alkaline)
Continuous run time: 2:10 (dim at 1:30) 15 cents per battery normal price ($3 for 20)

CVS Brand Alkaline
Continuous run time: 4:58 (dim at 4:20) 49 cents per battery normal price ($11.79 for 24). BOGO brings it down to 25 cents per battery.

Harbor Freight & Tools Thunderbolt Alkaline
Continuous run time: 5:00 (dim at 4:50) 25 cents per battery normal price ($5.99 for 24). Sale price for this test ($4.29) brings it to 18 cents per battery.

Duracell Alkaline
Continuous run time: 5:20 (dim at 4:50). 42 cents per battery based on Walmart price of $9.97 per 24.

The prices may not be the same 7 years later. :D
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Re: The (alkaline) battery run time thread (graphs and actual test run times)

Post by David »

Utilitech Alkaline
(Lowes store brand) 27 cents per battery at normal store price. Continuous run time 3:51 (dim at 3:30)

Sunbeam Alkaline
(25 cents per battery) Continuous run time 4:54 (dim at 3:24)

Walgreen’s store brand alkalines
Little surprised as it ran over 5 1/2 hours and was still dim but on when I had to leave.

Utilitech = 1025mAh

Harbor Freight Thunderbolt = 1,096mAh

Sunbeam alkaline = 1,125mah

https://budgetlightforum.com/node/36316
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".