It's over ... The country is lost!

For all discussion related to politics issues.
David
Administrator

Re: It's over ... The country is lost!

Post by David »

849 out of 859 companies stop advertising at terror lined Aljazeera.com aka Al Jazeera America.

https://floridafamily.org/full_article. ... cle_no=833
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

After hearing the FBI vs School boards thing - I'm out. The country is beyond lost.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Bob: I always try to look for the silver lining. It could be much worse. Garland could have been confirmed as a justice of the federal supreme court.

Your expectations of the performance of the FBI and its paid leadership have probably been much higher than mine.

I go back to a discussion I had decades ago with a retired "special agent" during Mr. Hoover's tenure. The agents were expected to put two extra hours on the daily time sheets so that Mr. Hoover's annual budget requests were backed up with data. Agents would routinely go watch a movie and indicate surveillance. Each agent is supposed to undergo a lie detector test every 5 years. Not done. Could not find organized crime for decades.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Orde7FtHh0
David
Administrator

Post by David »

214 out of 285 companies have stopped advertising on The ReidOut, Joy Reid on MSNBC, one of the most racist and pro-Critical Race Theory shows on television.

https://floridafamily.org/full_article. ... cle_no=991
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Thank you for posting about Joy Reid, David.
My comments follow (and my comments are normally a bit unusual)
1. I don't watch talking heads on television and I haven't seen a complete political speech since Hubert Humphreys ran for President. My life is more precious.
2, I only knew the name Joy Reid because people have complained about her for years. So, I read the article and researched her.
3. https://www.foxnews.com/media/joy-reid- ... -week-ever This is an article from 2001 that concerned her sponsorship. You will notice that it is a factual analysis that indicates that advertisers are flinty-eyed businessmen whose decision are controlled by economics and not political sympathies.
4. I researched her husband and was unsurprised to learn that he graduated from USC and is a producer. Mr. and Mrs. Reid are not ignorant slobs. They have crafted a living that is supported by a certain demographic. They have been successful. That is it, pure and simple. YOU may care about leading a life where you don't have to continuously apologize and claim that you have been misunderstood. Mrs. Reid is not concerned with leading that type of life.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Why are you guys even bothering with this crap; Fox is just as biased. Stop watching tat stuff. They all lie to their fans. And that's what you are if you are watching ABC, NBC, CBS, MSN, CNN, Fox, etc - a fan.

You are simply choosing to consume their lies, as opposed to others. They are advertising mediums, nothing more, they are 99% half truths, political agenda, and paid metal-programming, sprinkled with 1% actual events that happened.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I haven't watched the MSM in maybe a couple of years give or take. I get my news from alternative sources that have demonstrated themselves to be pretty much spot on with what has and is happening.

For example, I knew Roe V. Wade was going to be overturned about 5 years ago. I didn't know when, but I knew it was in the works. Same with a lot of other things happening.

bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

" I didn't know when, but I knew it was in the works." Correct. This is the reason for preparation.

I knew my dad had been to Germany in 1938 as a member of the US Navy. So, I peppered him with questions like didn't the people know that war was coming and why didn't they do anything? His response was that people knew war was coming, but didn't know when. They also didn't know who would be on what side.

No one has a crystal ball. All you have are forks in the road. Do you turn right or do you turn left? Sometimes, you will make a mistake despite your best effort. And, sometimes you will take the better path without knowing. However, as poet Bob Dylan said: "you don't need a weather vane to know which way the wind is blowing."
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I would submit that there are quite a few things happening in the country that demonstrate the 'swamp' is being drained.

Roe vs. Wade being overturned.

Rulings on the 2A.

The coming Red wave.

We were told to enjoy the show. I am :)

Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I'm looking forward to seeing the mid-terms. I'm hoping for a change in leadership.

I'm still of the mindset that being a politician shouldn't be a career and should have term limits, yet that is a topic for another post.