How many guns did you buy/sell last year?

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Mac66
Board Founder

How many guns did you buy/sell last year?

Post by Mac66 »

Was digging around through some of my gun stuff and realized that I bought, sold or traded 12 guns last year.

I acquired a S&W EZ380, 2 Keltec P17s, Ruger Security 6, Ruger LC9s Pro, Timberwolf 357 pump, NEF 12 ga single shot, SCR Raider pistol and a Remington Sportsman 12 ga.

I got rid of a S&W 645, Ruger SR22 pistol and a S&W Shield. Two traded for some of the above. The 645 for the Security 6. The Shield for the EZ380.

I've already got or sold 4 guns this year. I won the Henry Golden Boy 22 and bought the Steven's 520 shotgun.

I just sold a couple of my Remington Nylon 22s, a Mohawk 10c and Apache 77. Both detachable mag versions of the Nylon 66. I had 4 10cs and three A77s. Nylon rifles are going for big bucks these days so I thought I would get rid of some the extras I have in my collection. I hated selling them for so much but they will do nothing but go up in price so they are a good investment. I'll probably sell off a couple more extras.

Other than selling off some more Nylon 22s I don't have anything else I'm interested in getting. Probably will stand pat with what I have. I've been transferring some of my guns up to keep at the new house since I'm up there 3-4 days a week now.

Turkey season is the last week of the month. I plan on going if I can find turkey loads.
David
Administrator

Re: How many guns did you buy/sell last year?

Post by David »

Mac66 wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:10 pm Was digging around through some of my gun stuff and realized that I bought, sold or traded 12 guns last year.
So I don't feel so guilty now :lol:

Well, off the top of my head I bought or traded for; HK USP 45, HK P2000 and HK USPc (and bought the 40&W slide and 357sig barrel. I also picked up a couple of Glock 19X's. Also bought a Taurus G3 and S&W 380EZ. Had an HK P30 and S&W M&P 40/357 but both of those are gone as well as the S&W 380 BG.

I sold both of my shotguns.

So far this years I've sold my AR's and bought/traded for; Sig P250, Glock 45, Sig P365XL.

I'm probably missing something but that's my list thus far.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

I added my snubby MKII and Bergara B14r to the fold. The 365 replaced my 43 as well. So 2 new and 1 upgrade.
There were a handful of others, but they were guns I sold for friends or stuff I got cheap to flip.
My first new gun this year will be the Taurus TX22 competition when my dealer finds one for me.
fishingjeff
Board Founder

Post by fishingjeff »

I still have the T/C for sale or trade, [see the buy/sell/trade section of the index page for details].
JDH

Post by JDH »

Not enought/too many.
Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

I sold an HK 45, no bad feelings- never fired it and got twice what I paid for it.

The other day I was tempted by an AR that fired 12 ga for 450 bucks but my safes are full and I already have a real nice semi auto shotgun.
Nothing else new for a while now...
... Just a Dude...
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Bought a Ruger Blackhawk. That was it.
Strayz

Post by Strayz »

Sold 2 of my PPQs Bought a... Yeah a few more than I was thinking I wanted.

And yes I am a bit of a collector, and for me my collection is more like "Spare retirement or emergency Money" that the government can not touch, to easily.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I was offered quite a bit more than I had in my Glock 22 so I sold it this evening. :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".