Gator Eyes LED

Flashlights, lanterns, torches and anything that sheds a little light for your path.
tom mac
Board Founder

Gator Eyes LED

Post by tom mac »

Saw these Gatoreyes... thought they were interesting.
Alligator clip and magnetic small LED light

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HKZ8MDZ?fb ... a-Ho1WnkRY
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Re: Gator Eyes LED

Post by David »

Okay, that's actually pretty cool! I put them in my cart on Amazon. I can see where this would come in quite useful and in fact I could have used that yesterday when putting up a ceiling fan.

Nice find, thanks :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

tom mac wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:33 am Saw these Gatoreyes... thought they were interesting.
Alligator clip and magnetic small LED light

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HKZ8MDZ?fb ... a-Ho1WnkRY
I ordered a package and they arrived today. Not bad at all. The little LED is surprisingly bright for it's size. Not a search light but I turned off the lights in my bedroom and walked around with one in my hand and it lit it up out to 10 feet or so just fine. The clip didn't feel that it was really that strong but I'd have to try it on something like the bill of a cap or something to know for sure. I could see these coming in handy.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Two days ago, I reluctantly received a one AAA olight key chain light. It is the cat's meow. Much better than my go-to favorite photons of 10 years ago (which could not read a combo lock in the dark) or my "super bright" single AA that is no longer available. It is a twist light.

Costs $5 delivered today if you sign up as a new customer with olight.

My paper research says 90 lumens, 45 minutes on aaa alkaine, will handle enloop rechargeable, will handle 14500 battery.

For me, it means ordering another few 14500 batteries and changing the two main sets of keys within a few weeks. All right!
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Of course, I KNOW that an aa size battery is not supposed to fit into an aaa flashlight, that is why I write "paper research".

I share two further thoughts, on aa flashlights.
1. if you want an aa single or triple mode light, regardless of the price, that is individually tested and which will function for years, consider those developed, not made by, but individually tested by MTE. No flashy releases of purportedly new and improved models every year. Immediate warranty service which will probably never be needed. I went back this last week and read the literature. It was not designed for the 14500 battery. Ok. I have like 6 of the MTE flashlights going on 10 years.
2. If you want the under $5 aa light, as members of the forum say, it is the non fake, non copied Sipik sk68. I prefer the one mode. It will take the 14500 battery. If you are lucky, have tested the incoming unit, keep the battery outside the flashlight, and then attempt to use it three years later, it might work. I love them because my life does not depend upon them. :P
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I can foresee these Gator Eyes lights coming in very handy when we move to the new house and I'm putting up ceiling fans. :)

bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

The rechargeable AAA batteries do work, not the rechargeable AA batteries in the new lights.

Now, I am going to muse a bit out loud. The run time is about the same as the $3-$5 Sipik sk68. Uses a common AAA battery. Less than 1/2 the size. Same brightness and not as big a light. Maybe it becomes the emergency flashlight carried in a pocket when not carrying a set of keys. Will wait a few months and see if something as good comes on the market.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Well I used these yesterday for the first time while tightening up the screws in several ceiling fans. Worked just fine. I'd like the clips to be a little stronger but seem like they'd generally be okay.