I am making mead!

Recipes, freeze-dried, deydrated and all food related threads.
Bob
Board Founder

Re: I am making mead!

Post by Bob »

Coming up on July 9th...
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I know this stuff can sit for a long time...but I think it is time to try it / drink it. Stay tuned!!!!
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

3 1/2 months later I am drinking my mead!!!! I have transferred it to glass bottles, and it is in the fridge.

I have a full half gallon of plain mead. Actually, very tasty! I can totally taste the honey in it.
I have two more half gallons in waiting, one Vanilla, and one Cinnamon.

I may have to get some bees!!!
Strayz

Post by Strayz »

More necro posting.

You may like this simple recipe that is good and has some fruit flavors. I have made it more times that I can recall and I have tried adding in other things for flavor but I keep coming back to the original. The only change I recommend is to let it age 6-9 months at minimum. After 18 months it is amazing and keeps getting better. I had some that I added a fistful or two of blueberries and forgot about for 2 years. I am still getting asked if I have made any of that again. (I have but it never made it to two years old before drinking:) )

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/jo ... ead.49106/
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

I now have the components/materials. Printed out the recipe and the recommendation. Thank you.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Went to a Meadery near my place. OMG - these people were artists! Still, with a container, water, honey and some raisons, I'm in business.

That recipe to showed was pretty close to what I did. I may work on getting some in a 6mo rotation, so that every 6 months I'll have a 1yr or 18 mo batch coming up.