Duct Tape Fishing/Sewing Kit

Here you can post your DIY projects or links/videos.
xxo

Duct Tape Fishing/Sewing Kit

Post by xxo »

These are cheap and easy to make, weigh very little and are easy to carry while keeping your hooks, split shot and needles organized. I use gaff tape because the glue is not as gummy as duct tape, but duct tape will work.

I use a safety pin wrapped with spyderwire with a paracord lanyard as the center piece, with the hooks, needle, split shot and small lures off to the sides so that it can fold like a wallet.

Tips: first fold the edges of the tape over so you have something to grab onto when opening it up after it has been folded. Second make sure your fishing line fits through the eyes of your needles so that you can use it for sewing.

David
Administrator

Re: Duct Tape Fishing/Sewing Kit

Post by David »

Nice! And I know it will work because Bob had something similar (credit card fishing kit) at one of the SEP gatherings and he was catching fish with it. Light enough to keep anywhere. Very impressed.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Re: Duct Tape Fishing/Sewing Kit

Post by Bmyers »

Interesting setup.