Newest gun or latest upgrade

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Re: Newest gun or latest upgrade

Post by Ronin.45 »

David wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 5:53 pm Gotta say, very nice :)
Thanks. I'm back in winter mode now. I try to use the off-season to get things upgraded or fixed for next season.
I swapped the Aimpoint Micro off the blue Tippmann onto the shorty. That allowed me to try the Prism and 3x magnifier on the blue gun. It should be a nice setup for outdoor competitions that can reach out a little farther.

On a side note, the image compression app seems to work perfectly.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

The end of January combatarmory.com* was selling G19 clone frames for $30 shipped. While I was in Florida my son bought a couple and I bought 1. He has a dealer that charges $20 for transfers so total was $50 ea. I went over to his house on the west side of the state today to see my grandson and while I was there he showed me another G19 frame he printed on his 3D printer.

The CA frame seems to be pretty good quality. The printed frame is dimensionaly the same but the finish is a bit crude. The CA frame comes with rails and locking block. The printed frame you have to supply the rails and LB.

Notice that the CA (on top) has a curved back strap, the printed one is straight.

The grip looks longer on the printed one but it's the same as the CA.

*they were also selling the whole G19 clone pistol for $219.99/then 229.99. Looking at slides, barrels and parts kits now, you can't build a gun for that.

I don't have 19, I had one back in the day but when I retired I got my service 22 so I sold my 19. Bad move.
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

Mac66 wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:07 pm The end of January combatarmory.com* was selling G19 clone frames for $30 shipped. While I was in Florida my son bought a couple and I bought 1. He has a dealer that charges $20 for transfers so total was $50 ea. I went over to his house on the west side of the state today to see my grandson and while I was there he showed me another G19 frame he printed on his 3D printer.

The CA frame seems to be pretty good quality. The printed frame is dimensionaly the same but the finish is a bit crude. The CA frame comes with rails and locking block. The printed frame you have to supply the rails and LB.

Notice that the CA (on top) has a curved back strap, the printed one is straight.

The grip looks longer on the printed one but it's the same as the CA.

*they were also selling the whole G19 clone pistol for $219.99/then 229.99. Looking at slides, barrels and parts kits now, you can't build a gun for that.

I don't have 19, I had one back in the day but when I retired I got my service 22 so I sold my 19. Bad move.
The Glock clones are getting cheap and some are surprisingly good. The PSA Dagger gets solid reviews and runs around $300.
The only clone I own is a Shadow Systems and it's great so far.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

My son had a dagger frame he built his 19 clone on. He EDC'd it for awhile. When he got one of the Combat Armory frames (same one as shown in my earlier post) he put that together and we tried it out last weekend up at the range at my woods house. Worked fine, shot about 100 rounds through it.

I haven't got around to building mine yet. But I will. My plan is to build the 3D printed frame with the cheapest parts I can find and build the CA with OEM Glock parts or equivalent. In retrospect I probably should have just bought the CA clone outright and been done with it but I wanted to build one or in this case two.
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

Mac66 wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:52 pm My son had a dagger frame he built his 19 clone on. He EDC'd it for awhile. When he got one of the Combat Armory frames (same one as shown in my earlier post) he put that together and we tried it out last weekend up at the range at my woods house. Worked fine, shot about 100 rounds through it.

I haven't got around to building mine yet. But I will. My plan is to build the 3D printed frame with the cheapest parts I can find and build the CA with OEM Glock parts or equivalent. In retrospect I probably should have just bought the CA clone outright and been done with it but I wanted to build one or in this case two.
Sometimes building is more fun.