Newest gun or latest upgrade

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Newest gun or latest upgrade

Post by Ronin.45 »

Let's get the new board rolling.

What's your latest purchase or upgrade?

I'll start
Gen 3 Glock 17 frame, Zev Hex slide, Faxon flame threaded barrel, Overwatch Precision Poly-DAT trigger, Holosun 507c for, and a CGS Group Kraken suppressor. I can also swap the suppressor for a CGS Qube comp if I'm not being quiet.
Attachments
IMG_20191127_105554_314.jpg
IMG_20191127_105554_314.jpg (29.29 KiB) Viewed 73067 times
IMG_20191127_105554_315.jpg
IMG_20191127_105554_315.jpg (24.71 KiB) Viewed 73067 times
Bmyers
Board Founder

Re: Newest gun or latest upgrade

Post by Bmyers »

Well, it has been so long since I bought a gun, not sure what the newest one might be.

Yet, the newest upgrade, is actually the reloader (XL 750) so I can use all my guns more. :D
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

Good choice. Dillon makes great stuff.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Well my latest are the deals I got last month.

First up is the S&W Bodyguard in .380acp. Came in FDE and five magazines, one had a large pinky extension and the other a +4 extension. Also had that built-in laser. Bought if from a LEO at our local International Airport. Bought it for $350 which I thought was a good price from what I've seen online.

Next up is a Gen 5 Glock 19. Got it unfired and only two weeks old from the guy that bought it (and the Sig P365) from the Bass Pro shop in the area. I added i-Dot night sights which I really like.

The other part of that deal was a two week old, unfired Sig P365 two-tone. Normal X-ray night sights and two 10-round mags. Guy had a stack of gift cards he used to purchase both the Glock and Sig. I have the original receipt and with tax he spent $1200 for both ($599 for the Glock and $499 for the Sig). He was looking to flip them for quick cash so I bought both for $700. Felt like that was the best deal I've gotten in a while, since I turned a used Hi-Point 4095TS into a Gen 4 Glock 22 with TFO night sights and high end 9mm conversion barrel and a bunch of mags for both .40 and 9mm.

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

Those are tremendous deals, Dave. You made out great.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

S&W Victory - because .22 pistol is fun, cheap and ultra useful!

Looking to upgrade the grips to something tan/green/cool.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

That has to be a lot of fun to go plinking with!
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

I love rimfire more than most other calibers. Outlaw Steel Challenge has reinvigorated the passion for my Rugers.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Talking about Outlaw matches, Bob, you should go with us on one of those Wednesday shooting matches. You'd have a blast (pun intended). ;)

Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

My second to latest is this model 722 Remington chambered in 300 Savage that I traded a S&W Airweight for:

And the very latest score is this FNH in 45acp, didn't get a great deal on it but I didn't think $500 bucks was bad either. It came with 3 mags and several boxes of ammo.

... Just a Dude...