Sipik (SK68)

Flashlights, lanterns, torches and anything that sheds a little light for your path.
Bob
Board Founder

Re: Sipik (SK68)

Post by Bob »

Flashlights.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 6:02 pmFlashlights.
Gotcha. Would that be the Ultrafire F13’s we all got a few years back that use either the 26650 or 18650 in a sleeve? Those are great lights that throw a lot of lumens!
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
bdc
Board Founder

Post by bdc »

The Sipik sk98 and the Ultrafire sk98 take the 18650 battery. Have at least a dozen of them. Have no recollection of whether they take the flat top or flat battery. However, before socking the spares away, I tested them with both and store batteries within cases.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I have several of the generic lights like this. I keep them in the car and on more than one occasion have given them to a stranded motorist to help them change a tire. If we have the time, I will stick around and help in the process. Yet, on three different occasions we have been trying to get to locations and the best I could do was give them the flashlight and move on. One guy was trying to change his tire while his wife held the light on her phone. I gave them the light and you would of thought that I gave him $100.

So for the cheap price of the light and a AA battery, you can be a hero to someone for just a few bucks.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

That really is a great idea!

I've given a plethora of the Sipik's/SK68's away over the years. It was always appreciated. :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
bdc
Board Founder

Post by bdc »

I ordered another 10 units on February 18th. About $3 a unit. Will make up another 10 gift packs - flashlight with 4 fresh batteries in a PRC plastic container and both put into a ziplock baggie.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I would expect the price for a lot, if not most PRC items to bottom out as their economy goes in the tank. We shall see.

bdc
Board Founder

Post by bdc »

There certainly will be a lot of business disruptions. Both the PRC and US and other economies will contract.

The playout requires a crystal ball. PRC people save more than US people who live on credit and margin. As the US economy contracts, US people will increase the negligible savings rate. It will affect demand for PRC products. Then again, the US ships a lot of materials to the PRC and the PRC basically contributes labor, so the demand for US products will decrease as well.

Anyway, my three classes are canceled. I will be formally told on Monday that the cruise is canceled as well. So, I am an involuntary saver at this point. Haven't looked at my retirement account!
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

I ordered and charged 4 14500 batteries for 4 Sipik sk68 units. Substituted the 14500 for one alkaline in each 4 battery set up. 2 set ups going into the car. Definitely brighter.

So a set up will be a zip lock baggie,an empty Sipik sk68, a 4 pack clear plastic battery container, 1 14500 and 3 aa alkaline batteries. Then I also have some additional 4 alkaline battery packs.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

bdcochran wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:48 pm Definitely brighter.
I figure that the SK68 on a AA is about 80 lumens. Which is still quite bright and very usable. On a 14500 that gets jacked up to around 300 lumens which is quite noticeable. At some point the increase in lumens isn't that noticeable such as going from 1000 to 1500 but 80 to 300 is very noticeable.

Glad it's working out for you and you've delved into the wonderful world of 14500's :D