Gun sites going down

This area is for forum announcements and 'how-to' threads
David
Administrator

Gun sites going down

Post by David »

AR15.com announced that Godaddy had booted them off and they were looking for an alternative. Talk going around of Glock Talk going down as well. More censorship so we'll see what happens.

https://www.facebook.com/ar15com/photos ... 902345640/
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Re: Gun sites going down

Post by Ronin.45 »

I just checked Arfcom and it appears to still be up. I saw a post about it going down too.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

They were looking for alternatives, maybe they found it.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

AR was offline for about an hour and moved to a backup site.
Legio

Post by Legio »

ar15.com went to Epik. I took FSN there too, just in case.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Hopefully that will prove to be a better server with no further issues.

Legio

Post by Legio »

David wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:33 pm Hopefully that will prove to be a better server with no further issues.
This is domain registration only at this time. This is the equivalent of NameCheap for you. I am thinking of hosting FSN there as well though.
aerynsun

Post by aerynsun »

David wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:34 pm AR15.com announced that Godaddy had booted them off and they were looking for an alternative. Talk going around of Glock Talk going down as well. More censorship so we'll see what happens.

I think GT is going down because they banned all their posters.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

aerynsun wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:12 pm
David wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:34 pm AR15.com announced that Godaddy had booted them off and they were looking for an alternative. Talk going around of Glock Talk going down as well. More censorship so we'll see what happens.

Unfortunately, they haven't banned the ones that really need to be banned.

aerynsun

Post by aerynsun »

David wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:33 am
aerynsun wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:12 pm

Unfortunately, they haven't banned the ones that really need to be banned.
I think that is correct. There is a cabal of posters who troll and get others banned. 'The bad push out the good.'