Kel-Tec Sub-2000 Upgrades

A section for all the tweaks done and available to our toys.
David
Administrator

Kel-Tec Sub-2000 Upgrades

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bogart

Re: Kel-Tec Sub-2000 Upgrades

Post by Bogart »

I have one and think it's a great gun, it has its limitations but good enough for me. And yes I did a bunch of upgrades.😉
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bogart wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:08 am I have one and think it's a great gun, it has its limitations but good enough for me. And yes I did a bunch of upgrades.😉
Did you go through Mcarbo or someone else? What were the upgrades?

I did the Bolt Tube Cover. This makes a big difference over that bare steel tube against the cheek;

https://www.mcarbo.com/kel-tec-sub-2000 ... cover.aspx

Double finger extended charging handle. This actually came on one of the 2K's I have. Didn't think it was that big of a deal until I started comparing it to the standard charging handle and yep, it makes a difference;

https://www.mcarbo.com/store/p/85-KEL-T ... andle.aspx

Recoil buffer. Suppose to reduce recoil by 30% and I'd say it does. I have this type and a different type that came with the upgraded 2K that I have;

https://www.mcarbo.com/kel-tec-sub-2000 ... uffer.aspx

My nephew has a 2k and he went nuts on it with upgrades. Mcarbo is in Clearwater which is only about 20 minutes for either of us. So he went there and got one of their packages. Don't recall what all he got but I think it was trigger, pins and the metal feed ramp among other stuff. He's happy with it.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bogart

Post by Bogart »

Yes I went through Mcarbo, did the full trigger upgrade, trigger guard, front sight, flash suppressor. Pretty much everything they sell except for the charging handle.

With your comments on the charging handle I may do that to.

I didn't measure the trigger pull before updating, but the trigger upgrades definitely helped, less creep and nice reset.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bogart wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:41 pm With your comments on the charging handle I may do that to.
I really didn't give it a second thought when I saw it on the website. But when I got the second 2k and the charging handle upgrade was already installed I was very impressed with it. It does make a difference. It's not a 'must have' but it sure is a 'nice to have' mod.