Stealthy- Reusable Ammo...

The area to discuss BOB's, EDC's, GHB's and other gear. Also includes Comms and other radio topics.
Gnepig
Board Founder

Stealthy- Reusable Ammo...

Post by Gnepig »

I know there are at least 2 cool guys here that do, is there anyone else that practice the art of primitive hunting? Also could be used for combat or when the ammo runs out...

I'm having a problem getting pictures to work...

Fixed it for you. When posting from Flikr go to the photo, share photo (little arrow at the bottom right of the screen, copy/paste the BBcode. You don't have to click on the image icon above. Then delete everything AFTER the second [/url] as it's not needed.

Lets see some crossbows/compounds/recurves/longbows...
Last edited by Gnepig on Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
... Just a Dude...
Gnepig
Board Founder

Re: Stealthy- Reusable Ammo...

Post by Gnepig »

Thanx, It seemed a lot harder than that yesterday.

... Just a Dude...
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Gnepig wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:59 am I know there are at least 2 cool guys here that do, is there anyone else that practice the art of primitive hunting? Also could be used for combat or when the ammo runs out...

I'm having a problem getting pictures to work...

Fixed it for you. When posting from Flikr go to the photo, share photo (little arrow at the bottom right of the screen, copy/paste the BBcode. You don't have to click on the image icon above. Then delete everything AFTER the second [/url] as it's not needed.

Lets see some crossbows/compounds/recurves/longbows...
You're probably using the wrong link to the photos. Flickr should have different links so you can post the photos directly. You probably should use the BBC code. I'm not seeing the photos just a link.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

I have a cross bow, a compound recurve and a recurve. I am also holding my son's recurve.
1. the local archery range does not allow the usage of a cross bow.
2. the local range is shut down because of the virus. So, I haven't had practice. Will need refresher instruction when it re-opens.
Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

Alright BD!..
Our local archery range also forbids the use of the crossbow and the use of broad heads.
I have a range in my yard with a safe distance of up to 40 yards, unsafe: 45yards standing in the street at the edge of my yard and 68 yds from in front of the fence in my neighbors yard across the street. I try to go twice a week to the local club and a couple of times a week in the yard.
... Just a Dude...
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I have a compound bow. I need to get it out of its case, been a few years since I shot it. Use to shot in a league many, many moons ago.
Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

Bmyers wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:16 am I have a compound bow. I need to get it out of its case, been a few years since I shot it. Use to shot in a league many, many moons ago.

That's cool, went to a 3D competition in Lakeland this past weekend and it was great. Thought it was so cool I might shoot in one this coming weekend. Everyone was super nice, it was cool to see so many different people shooting. The best part was the little buddy and his little bow= he just had fun shooting with dad...
... Just a Dude...
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Gnepig wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:59 pm
Bmyers wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:16 am I have a compound bow. I need to get it out of its case, been a few years since I shot it. Use to shot in a league many, many moons ago.

That's cool, went to a 3D competition in Lakeland this past weekend and it was great. Thought it was so cool I might shoot in one this coming weekend. Everyone was super nice, it was cool to see so many different people shooting. The best part was the little buddy and his little bow= he just had fun shooting with dad...
It was very enjoyable. Our league shot on Thursday evenings and several of us paramedics shot together. It was fun, but the range got bought out by the local bar and they closed it, bulldozered it down and made it a parking lot for their business. After that we looked for another league and there was nothing local or fit our time schedule, so ended up fading off into the background.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

I correct myself. I have two cross bows. One is an ancient Barnett. Have multiple extra strings. The second unit is ultra modern and low end. Sometime in 2019, I made the 50 mile trip to the relocated archery store and loaded up on things. 40 years ago, the Local shop was walking distance from me. Replaced by the usual 3 story building.
Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

archery-suddenly-i-like-it-~blane~-26884717.png
Attachments
archery-suddenly-i-like-it-~blane~-26884717.png
archery-suddenly-i-like-it-~blane~-26884717.png (157.07 KiB) Viewed 3940 times
... Just a Dude...