What have you done this week to forward your prepping goals 2021

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
David
Administrator

What have you done this week to forward your prepping goals 2021

Post by David »

Okay folks, brand new year of preps. What have you done this week? :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
bdcochran

Re: What have you done this week to forward your prepping goals 2021

Post by bdcochran »

1. I continue to do a daily exercise routine.
2. I ordered more books - used- from Thriftbooks. The libraries are closed.
3. Trimmed some of the fruit trees.
4. Watching some skills youtube videos.
5. One of my prepping goals is to simplify my life. So on January 1, I mailed my estimated 2021 taxes to three governments, made my charitable contributions for 2021. The copied correspondence and checks are then filed in a box. Then, my paperwork is simplified.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I ordered more Mac and Chees.

Ordered parts and filters for the tractor so when service is needed I have everything.

We purchased several books on making box gardens, hanging gardens etc. to expand the garden at home.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Many years ago, I had raised gardens where the fruit trees now stand. I read a book. Box garden. Key points: 1. garden width was 5 feet. One could knell from each of the box garden and reach in and never have to step in. 2. Never had to step to weed. 3. Never had to turn over the soil with a spade or tool. The ground was left as it were. However, inside the box was placed decent top soil and other materials to keep the soil from becoming hardpacked.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Recommitted to my King Fu study / Get fit goal

Made some serious exit plans related to current events - I'll be publishing individual posts on them.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I have started re-reading the book The Modern Survival Manual: Surviving the Economic Collapse. I read it 4 or 5 years ago and thought it would be a good time to bring out the book and refresh on some of the concepts.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Making up a another 3ring binder with important info to put on my SHTF shelf... reloading data for most of my common rounds
You can't fix stupid !
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Goal - get rid of the old equipment I will no longer use, get rid of the old and worn items. It takes an effort. My life observation is that people don't downsize early enough and get rid of enough.

The epidemic lock down will end this year - politically. I will be traveling. I am accumulating what is going to relatives and probably will start boxing it with a tag for each family of relatives.

I give a couple of examples. Mora knives. The relatives in San Diego have pre-schoolers and will be camping at some time within the next five years. I can't go camping any more. Stored maglights. Haven't used them in 15 years. They work and are stored. Have better lights today.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

More Ultrafire lights all around!!!

And have re-grouped/packed my main gear. Good for camping, good for emergencies.

And have a serious contract w/ myself for some fitness this month!
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

tom mac wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:45 am Making up a another 3ring binder with important info to put on my SHTF shelf... reloading data for most of my common rounds
Let me add that to my March list!