After the panic

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

After the panic

Post by David »

So at some point things will return to normal. My prediction will be around second quarter of next year give-or-take. Whenever it does and supply has caught up and surpassed demand and guns and ammo are once again plentiful at reasonable or even pre-panic pricing I'm curious to what extent folks will be dumping their guns on the used market. I'm not talking about the seasoned prepper, or folks that have woke up to the fact that they are their own first/best responder. Rather, those folks that can't see beyond next week. The kind that buy a generator when the storm is coming and then return it after the storm has passed. I'm just curious how big that % is going to be at some point?
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Re: After the panic

Post by Ronin.45 »

It always happens to some degree after a panic. With the sheer number of new gun owners, it only makes sense that it will happen more after this one.
I'm not in the market for any guns, but I'll keep my eyes open for any great deals. Many of the people who pay way too much during a panic aren't willing to lose enough to entice me.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Wait till the panic is over and things return to normal and they find out the Glock they paid $800 for is worth half that on the normal used market. :lol:
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Half? Pfft.....Dealers and pawn shops will be paying less than that! Supply will be high, and the demand will be low low low.

That $800 Glock is gonna fetch $250 (or less) a\t a shop/pawn and go for $300 on the street/private. I bet a lot of people hold them for that reason.

Seasoned peppers hopefully didn't buy ANY guns.

But lets look at the math:

Wholesale Glock = around $450
Panic buy at $800
Dealer made $350

Buy Glock back from panic buyer at $250
Sell gun again for $400
Dealer made $150 again!

Glock purchases: $700
Glock Sales: $1200
Profit = $500

VS usual 450 wholesale to 650 retail = $250 for dealer

They break even. I think it will be horrifying. I'm keeping my 450 = $350 profit and moving on!
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

The panic will end depending on what gun control nonsense Biden comes up with.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Once the panic is over, I may eventually get that 357 lever action rifle I have been thinking about.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Mac66 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:21 pm The panic will end depending on what gun control nonsense Biden comes up with.
He did not win the election Mac. It may take a bit but Trump won the election.

Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

David wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:51 pm
Mac66 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 5:21 pm The panic will end depending on what gun control nonsense Biden comes up with.
I hope so. Not really been following what's going on being up in the woods. I purposely avoid checking. It makes me crazy
Strayz

Post by Strayz »

Bob wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:36 pm Half? Pfft.....Dealers and pawn shops will be paying less than that! Supply will be high, and the demand will be low low low.

That $800 Glock is gonna fetch $250 (or less) a\t a shop/pawn and go for $300 on the street/private. I bet a lot of people hold them for that reason.

Seasoned peppers hopefully didn't buy ANY guns.
Well some of us did buy during the rush, I will put in the note that long time buyers from your local FFL, did not get hit with the covid tax. I have even let my FFL know I might sell them and he was ok with that. He said I was ahead of what people were looking for.

I have purchased 3 keepers and 3 tradebait over the time of covid. Just getting ready to list them. This is the story about the Ant and Grasshopper.

Am I panicking? Nope, and I taking advantage of my fellow gun owner? Depends, I am using the I could take a lucky guess what the market is going to do. DO I feel bad about it? Not really. Guns are a hobby on many levels, and a tool on others.

IMO it is going to be august, sept time frame before ammo comes up again for affordable prices. Guns in any number is going to be around the same time frame.

Am I worried that the administration going to try some stuff? Yes, I do not believe that it is going to go the way that the congress critters plan on it.

What I would recommend is getting a few 10 packs of mags would be prudent. For all the mag fed items you have.

That is just me though.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Mac66 wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:32 pm
David wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:51 pm
I hope so. Not really been following what's going on being up in the woods. I purposely avoid checking. It makes me crazy
Here's a quick recap: The MSM called the election for Biden. Bit of a problem though, the MSM can't call an election, that is the job of the FEC after states have certified the election results. No state has yet certified election results. Additionally, multiple states have hundreds of people coming forward with voter fraud. For example, and this is just a snap shot and don't quote me on exact numbers;
  • Pennsylvania had 98,000 ballots come in with only Biden marked, no other candidates including local candidates.
  • Pennsylvania and Michigan had Trump up by nearly 700,000 votes, stopped counting suddenly, then a 4am the 'found' ballots all for Biden...as in every ballot was for Biden. A statistical impossibility
  • Several programs that ran the voting machines in around 26 states were exposed to be changing Trump votes to Biden votes.
  • One program was taking 'fractional' votes and adding them to Biden. This was shown right on the major networks i.e. Trump would go down 'X' amount of votes and Biden would go up 'the same X' number of votes. This was exposed.
  • Postal worker whistle blowers are coming forward saying that they were instructed to back date late ballots.
  • Hundreds of poll workers, all Republican, were barred from entering polling sites or were blocked from seeing ballots despite a court order.
  • The SCOTUS ordered that late ballots had to be segregated from timely ballots but the court order was ignored.
  • Biden supporters who were poll workers are on social media bragging they though out ever Trump ballot they could lay their hands on, seriously, bragging on social media about it.
Court cases were presented to SCOTUS today. Trump won the election, the chaos just has to be worked out. Be prepared, it's going to get violent when it's announced Trump won the contested states.