Camp Stoves

The area to discuss BOB's, EDC's, GHB's and other gear. Also includes Comms and other radio topics.
Ghost
Board Founder

Re: Camp Stoves

Post by Ghost »

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Honey prevents acid reflux? Seriously?!?!?!?!

That would be awesome! Gotta try.
Ghost
Board Founder

Post by Ghost »

Yes it does make sure it's real honey and not Honey flavor suger syrup.
Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

Since Joe's video of the Kelly Kettle -I had to have one. I bought the aluminum trekker model. I camped out at a local park this weekend and got to give it a try and I have to say that I like it. It took me a few minutes to get it going because it was windy and it had rained recently and the dead-fall twigs were a little damp but it boiled my water for my tea and MH Biscuits and Gravy in about 5 minutes.
Only part I didn't care for was I had to buy the pot holder/stand separately. It was only 10 bucks more but I feel it should have came with the kit.

All and all it was fun to play with, I have only used it once so far and I used the pot holder to hold the kettle up off of the picnic table(so it wouldn't burn it). Next time I will make some Ramen on the top like Joe did.

Also I tried the honey trick for an upset stomach last week and it worked for me also... Thanx Joe
... Just a Dude...
Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

Used this all week while power was off= best 25 bucks spent on preps ever!..

Cooked food/ boiled water fast and still have half the can of fuel left- I'm buying more of these...
Attachments
thumbnail.jpeg
thumbnail.jpeg (302.3 KiB) Viewed 4905 times
... Just a Dude...
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Nice to have the right tools when you need them.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

yes to Mr. Bmyers. I have the Coleman stove, lantern, small outdoor barbecue that runs on propane. All unused.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Coleman does have a long track record....

Nice kettle!
Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

Bmyers wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 7:52 am Nice to have the right tools when you need them.

Lucky to really, I'm just glad my wife is on board with this preparedness camping thing- she was proud to have this stuff when the storm kicked the crap out of us.
... Just a Dude...
Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

bdcochran wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:34 pm yes to Mr. Bmyers. I have the Coleman stove, lantern, small outdoor barbecue that runs on propane. All unused.
I have that collection also- I try to use them at least twice a year to make sure they work. We keep quite a pile of those green one pounders around for these.
... Just a Dude...