#1 importance; take care of health.

All things first aid related.
tom mac
Board Founder

#1 importance; take care of health.

Post by tom mac »

Been laying low for the last 10 days as I got my left knee fully replaced.
20201014_191021s.jpg
20201014_191021s.jpg (105.36 KiB) Viewed 4020 times
Good size cut but really not overly painful... just VERY stiff as I have to stretch out all the muscles/ligs/etc they moved/trimmed/etc/ during operation.
Actually was hobbling around a 2 days after, now 10 days out. Looks like a month of therapy for 100%.

But the down time ( now that I can climb the stairs to loft where computer sits ) has me putting together a health list of things to check off.

Vision, teeth, hearing, overall health.... not to mention physical activity.
Most things are checked off... got many taken care of before this knee issues so I'd be in pretty good shape.
Hopefully when the knee is back, I can get back to the physical... hiking.

So just a little ramble, stay healthy and don't forget your body is one of the most important part of prepping.

PS and very happy most of home is only one step up/down !
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Re: #1 importance; take care of health.

Post by David »

Prayer for a quick heal for you brother! Now you have to come up with a good story of how you got the scar to impress the chicks :lol:

And you're 100% right, health is the most important thing. Without it and you're automatically behind eight ball. After going a few months without an episode I'm having an a-fib episode about once a month again. Not as severe as last year but still sucks. I really don't want to have to have another oblation. Particularly right now.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Tks David

BTW, chose to do it early Oct due to the window of Covid being levels down here and the possible uptick coming soon.
Not fun walking into the hospital by yrself and no one to visit for a day.
You can't fix stupid !
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Keep exercising and you will be fine.

Partial lifting of restrictions here. Went in and had the dental taken care of last month.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

It's doing well , a little over 2 weeks out... PT going well. Already at over 90% return of motion.
Biggest thing is the stiffness which doc said can be over a month.
You can't fix stupid !
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

tom mac wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:51 am Been laying low for the last 10 days as I got my left knee fully replaced.

20201014_191021s.jpg

Good size cut but really not overly painful... just VERY stiff as I have to stretch out all the muscles/ligs/etc they moved/trimmed/etc/ during operation.
Actually was hobbling around a 2 days after, now 10 days out. Looks like a month of therapy for 100%.

But the down time ( now that I can climb the stairs to loft where computer sits ) has me putting together a health list of things to check off.

Vision, teeth, hearing, overall health.... not to mention physical activity.
Most things are checked off... got many taken care of before this knee issues so I'd be in pretty good shape.
Hopefully when the knee is back, I can get back to the physical... hiking.

So just a little ramble, stay healthy and don't forget your body is one of the most important part of prepping.

PS and very happy most of home is only one step up/down !
Congrats....Had mine done about 7 years ago. Best thing I ever did. Went from where I couldn't even walk when I got up in the mornings to where I was hiking 10-12 miles a day, with a pack. Did the Appalachian trail, the Inca Trail and numerous other hikes. Heck, I hiked up the Diamond Head crater in Hawaii at 10 weeks out. Am now on my feet all day. As my brother told me (he's had both of his replaced) if you don't have it done it will only get worse, have it done and it only gets better.

Stick with the PT and you'll be back in no time.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

PT working well... still trouble sleeping at night for some reason. Call it bone pain; sort of like someone beat my shin with sticks :)

So far ahead of normal recoup curve.
You can't fix stupid !