Survival key chain

The area to discuss BOB's, EDC's, GHB's and other gear. Also includes Comms and other radio topics.
David
Administrator

Re: Survival key chain

Post by David »

aerynsun wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:35 pm
David wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:58 pm

I've talked about my survival key chain before but don't recall actually posting a photo. This has the Tinker SAK, TiS AAA light, peanut lighter, water proof pill holder and the pocket suspension clip.

This allows me to have a cutting tool with some additional handy tools, a light, flame with the clip so it hangs in the pocket rather than getting bunched up in the bottom of the pocket.
I suggest you add one of these and give them out to loved ones.

In the outdoors and city they can be a lifesaver. You can only yell for so long but you can blow for a long time.

Spend some time in HF and you will find many small useful items.

http://harborfreight3.blogspot.com/2012 ... minum.html
Excellent idea. I've got a few of them and it's too inexpensive not to have a bundle.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

David wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:58 pm Image

I've talked about my survival key chain before but don't recall actually posting a photo. This has the Tinker SAK, TiS AAA light, peanut lighter, water proof pill holder and the pocket suspension clip.

This allows me to have a cutting tool with some additional handy tools, a light, flame with the clip so it hangs in the pocket rather than getting bunched up in the bottom of the pocket.
So I'm in the process up updating this key chain a bit. I purchased a couple of 2 inch Glow Sticks for each of my key chains.

https://www.uvpaqlite.com/reusableglowstick2inch

I also purchased a couple of Titanium Quick Release Side Pushing Key Rings which should make it easier to put the Glow Sticks on the key chain.

I'm a big fan of the various Glow Sticks I've purchased over the years. I figure the Glow Stick on the key chain will go a long way towards being able to find it in the dark if necessary. And it should add virtually no weight.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I received that titanium key ring in the mail, two actually. Was a lot easier to put the Glow light on both my EDC 'survival' key chain and my normal car key chain. Easy to locate in the dark and I have the ability to have a soft glow light if/when needed.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

So it's been about a month since I've added the Glo Stick to my key chains. Have to give them a thumbs up. Even with ambient light, such as from a table lamp, they glow all night. It fades throughout the night but with your vision adjusted for darkness, like it would be normally in the middle of the night, they are easily identified.