Survival key chain

The area to discuss BOB's, EDC's, GHB's and other gear. Also includes Comms and other radio topics.
David
Administrator

Survival key chain

Post by David »

I've talked about my survival key chain before but don't recall actually posting a photo. This has the Tinker SAK, TiS AAA light, peanut lighter, water proof pill holder and the pocket suspension clip.

This allows me to have a cutting tool with some additional handy tools, a light, flame with the clip so it hangs in the pocket rather than getting bunched up in the bottom of the pocket.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Erich

Re: Survival key chain

Post by Erich »

That is a nice set-up, right there!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Erich wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:17 pm That is a nice set-up, right there!
Thank you. Never leave the house without it. Come in handy more times than I can count. Particularly the SAK and the TiS AAA light. The peanut lighter is the back up to my Zippo.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Anyone else have a survival key chain or something similar as an EDC?

Erich

Post by Erich »

Best I can do is a Leatherman Micro (with the pliers) that lives on the ring with the house keys and gets used way more than it merits. I keep thinking about changing to something a little larger and more useful, and also about adding a light (though I, of course, have a light on me), but size is pretty much the limiting issue. I think the point is finding something that works for a given person in his life, so I'm okay - but it is always neat to see what others are doing because I get good ideas that way.

Happy New Year, David! :)
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Happy New Year to you as well sir :)

Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

A ferro rod and a flashlight hangs into the pocket with the keys and CRKT pocket knife...

A nice sharp corner on the back of the knife blade really strikes some nice sparks from the ferro.

Last edited by Gnepig on Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
... Just a Dude...
aerynsun

Post by aerynsun »

David wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:58 pm

I've talked about my survival key chain before but don't recall actually posting a photo. This has the Tinker SAK, TiS AAA light, peanut lighter, water proof pill holder and the pocket suspension clip.

This allows me to have a cutting tool with some additional handy tools, a light, flame with the clip so it hangs in the pocket rather than getting bunched up in the bottom of the pocket.
I suggest you add one of these and give them out to loved ones.

In the outdoors and city they can be a lifesaver. You can only yell for so long but you can blow for a long time.

Spend some time in HF and you will find many small useful items.

http://harborfreight3.blogspot.com/2012 ... minum.html
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Giving to loved ones.

1. Most of my relatives are within 100 yards of a personal vehicle 24/7. Notwithstanding, there are probably some flying here or there or a female on a date traveling in someone else's car.
2. Over the years I have given them a whistle, a flashlight, batteries, a pocket knife, a space blanket and other items for
each family car.
3. The came about as follows. About 30 years ago, I went to traffic school for an improper lane change on a desert highway. The instructor went around the room asking people what they kept in their cars for an emergency. I was untruthful and said I had nothing. That caused me, based upon other people's responses , to believe that my relatives kept nothing in the car, not even some water.
4. I knew that by gifting, some might start thinking. I was not totally altruistic. My relatives range from being 1 mile away to being on a different continent. By doing this, it would be likely that there would be some minimal survival gear available if and when I visited.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

The gifting of survival gear has been a practice we have used for years. It is a simple way of trying to help relatives and friends to be better prepared.