Your EDC light

Flashlights, lanterns, torches and anything that sheds a little light for your path.
David
Administrator

Your EDC light

Post by David »

So if you EDC a flashlight, what is it? Do you EDC more than one? If so, why?

I have a TiS on my survival key chain along with a peanut lighter and Tinker SAK.

This has H,M,L and strobe. Nice little AAA light and pretty bright for it's size. On my car key chain I have a Fenix E05 which has H,M,L modes and more of a diffused beam. It is also a small AAA light.

I have the Nitecore EA11 in my EDC sling bag and may on occasion start carrying my Nitecore EC11. I'll have to see what works the best in that regard.

As far a why I have both the TiS and the E05, I like the mantra of 2 is 1 and 1 is none. They are compatible with a AAA battery and I'm sure to have at least one on my person when I'm out. The EC11 might be a good idea as well as was evident last night. It would have come in handy while we were out on the property in addition to the Nitecore SRT 3 I had in the car. The SRT 3 is a great light but started flickering toward the end due to the battery losing juice.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Re: Your EDC light

Post by Ronin.45 »

I carry two on me anytime I leave the house. My keychain has an Olight I3e AAA light that is my most used because it's always convenient. My EDC pocket pouch has an Olight S1Rii baton in case I want more power. That thing is a little pocket rocket.
I also have an i3t in my vehicle with spare batteries. It's a nice AAA backup with ballcap headlight capabilities.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Ronin.45 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:06 am I carry two on me anytime I leave the house. My keychain has an Olight I3e AAA light that is my most used because it's always convenient. My EDC pocket pouch has an Olight S1Rii baton in case I want more power. That thing is a little pocket rocket.
I also have an i3t in my vehicle with spare batteries. It's a nice AAA backup with ballcap headlight capabilities.
What pocket pouch do you carry?
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

David wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:23 am
Ronin.45 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:06 am I carry two on me anytime I leave the house. My keychain has an Olight I3e AAA light that is my most used because it's always convenient. My EDC pocket pouch has an Olight S1Rii baton in case I want more power. That thing is a little pocket rocket.
What pocket pouch do you carry?
Maxpedition micro. Same one for years now. I think I've mentioned it on here before. Holds money clip, knife, flashlight, advil, lens wipes, gum, etc.

https://tacticalgear.com/maxpedition-mi ... izer-black
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Thank you, I have one and may try that out :)

ratf51
Board Founder

Post by ratf51 »

I use an Olight i3t for EDC and am very happy with it. I am toying with the idea of getting one of the AA models (i5), but honestly, the size of this light is perfect for pocket carry.
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

ratf51 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:29 am I use an Olight i3t for EDC and am very happy with it. I am toying with the idea of getting one of the AA models (i5), but honestly, the size of this light is perfect for pocket carry.
I ended up getting some i5ts, but prefer the AAA size. If I go bigger, I want the full featured rechargeable lights.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I like how both of those operate on a simple AA or AAA and yet still provide very respectable output and times.

Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

David wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:03 pm I like how both of those operate on a simple AA or AAA and yet still provide very respectable output and times.
That's the reason I keep them around. I love my rechargeable lights, but having battery backups is just good emergency planning.
ratf51
Board Founder

Post by ratf51 »

David wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:03 pm I like how both of those operate on a simple AA or AAA and yet still provide very respectable output and times.
It is interesting that the phrase "very respectable outputs and times" is just that. In comparison to what is available today that is a true statement. 10 years ago the phrase would have been "phenomenal outputs and times." When I think about the comparison of what that little i3t can do as opposed to the 5 D-cell Maglite I bought over 35 years ago it is almost in the realm of magic. To quote Jack Aubrey from "Master and Commander"-- "What a wonderful technological age we live in."