Your EDC light

Flashlights, lanterns, torches and anything that sheds a little light for your path.
David
Administrator

Re: Your EDC light

Post by David »

bdcochran wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:17 pm Picked up another Olight i3e for $5. I am a subscriber to the website. Everyone was given a gift card because of slow deliveries. 90 lumens.
That model has replaced the more expensive light I had on the key chain.

I like the new Thrulite for $15. Like the firefly capability.

Ok. With the $5 i3e, I did the following: put in a zip lock baggie with the battery outside of the flashlight, a 4 pack of AAA batteries, a new whistle on a lanyard an put it in the pocket behind the driver's seat.
I was looking at the Olight i3e. Hard to beat for $5. I went with the Ti3 V2 because I was already familiar with the TiS as they seem to have the same functions. And it's still going where the Fenix isn't so it's proving durable.

Good idea of having it as an extra in the car!
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I have the Olight Seeker 2 in the car. I still carry the Olight M2R Pro every day. I'm guessing, it is the longest time period that I have carried the same flashlight
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Ti3 V2 arrived this afternoon. Wife had to put it on the key chain. Works just like the T1S. Hope it lasts for years :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

David wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:49 pm Ti3 V2 arrived this afternoon. Wife had to put it on the key chain. Works just like the T1S. Hope it lasts for years :)
It's been about a year and a half since the above post. That Ti3 V2 has been working great on my car key chain. It will put out 120 lumens for 30 minutes. That's not too bad (but also not too great) but I was more interested in the medium and low settings. Medium is 12 lumens for just over 6 hours and that's enough to look around a dark room or interior of a vehicle. The low is a low-low 'firefly' mode of 0.04 lumens. That doesn't seem like a lot but I've actually used it. Once my son's wallet slipped out of his back pocket at the movie theater. We went back to look under/around the seats but it was another showing and I didn't want to overly disturb folks. The firefly mode was perfect and we found his wallet. And it offers 115 hours in that mode.

I'd like the high mode to have a longer duration but since it's more of a back up light, or a quick-n-handy light I can live with it.

I also like the strobe function from a 'signal for rescue' perspective. Put it on strobe and set it up where it's visible to attract attention. 120 lumens for an hour.
Attachments
ti3-v2-spc.jpg
ti3-v2-spc.jpg (118.64 KiB) Viewed 6725 times

David
Administrator

Post by David »

It's been 10 months since the last update. The Ti3 V2 is holding up great and working well. I like have two similar lights on my key chains. Makes it easy to remember the mode of operation.

Also, as much as I like lithium ion batteries I am really liking the lights that can use either lithium or standard batteries. I think those are important options to have in any situation.

JDH

Post by JDH »

It has been a Protac HL-3. It is a bright light but take three CR123 batteries. It has be relegated to back up, replaced by a Protac HL-X which is just as bright, a bit smaller, and runs on an 18650 recharable battery.

And there is a loop on the belt for the 6D Maglight, just in case a combination light/club should be needed.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

I upgraded some of the car flashlights. Put the equivalent of Sipik sk98 units with two charged 18650 batteries each, within plastic zip lock bags.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

I still carry my Sipik 68 every day. I have a bunch of them in my cars, at the woods house, at home, in my trailer. I can shine deer with it in my field. Handy, dandy, easy to carry and cheap.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I'm still carrying my Olights. Still working well and so far, haven't let me down.