New House

From clothing to man-made to commercial shelters.
bdcochran

Re: New House

Post by bdcochran »

1. I ordered a pair of the lesser priced Mr. Beams with the removable, rechargeable battery. They work just fine.

2. I see the September 2020 picture of the house. You might consider putting a sprinkler system (inverted) on the roof with a telephone turn on capability. Mine depends upon the city water pressure still being on. I have a system on the roof line and separately on the garage.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

The well was drilled this week. Pump will be installed tomorrow.

The garage and siding are done...

Front porch is done...

Just waiting hand rails for the steps on the side porch.

The electrical box was installed, inspected and approved. Waiting on the power company to run power. The cement garage floor still needs to be poured and the gravel driveway graded and put in. The propane tank gets delivered next week. The exterior is pretty much done except for some trim work. The interior still needs to be done, doors and light fixtures, some plumbing hook ups and the fire place chimney.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

That porch is really going to be nice on a cool evening. I'd be spending a good amount of time on it :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

David wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:54 am That porch is really going to be nice on a cool evening. I'd be spending a good amount of time on it :)
As soon as the front porch was started we looked at each other and said..."we should connect the porches ". We talked to the builder and he said it could be done but wpuld require another permit which would delay getting approval for occupancy. The contractor also said building materials have tripled in cost since the virus. We got the garage and front porch (both add-ons) ordered last spring when prices were still normal.

So the plan is to do it next spring if/when prices get back to normal.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Gives you something to look forward to, which is a lot of fun.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

The only progress this past week was the apron for the garage an driveway was graded. they had to bring in about 10 truck loads of sand to bring it up to grade. I think they will be graveling the drive way and pouring the cement garage floor and apron this week.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Getting there! You're going to beat me by a country mile :D

Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

The garage floor was poured last wednesday and the apron was poured on thursday. The power is supposed to be in my next Monday and the propane tank gets delivered on Saturday. Hopefully the driveway will be graveled sometime this week. I got home last night after hunting, going back up tomorrow afternoon.

tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

very nice !
You can't fix stupid !
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Congratulations! Looks great.