Sig thread

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Horskinator

Re: Sig thread

Post by Horskinator »

David wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:04 am
Horskinator wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 8:20 am Every time I think about getting pictures up I fail. I have been very busy in the reloading room or work. I have decided against the HK and will be going with a Sig MCX-Spear when they are readily available. I also ended up with Covid in November and that created a slight set back.
Glad you're feeling better and back on the board :)

Pics when you get a chance :D

I'm still rockin the P365X as my EDC. Still have the XL and really dig it but the X seems to find it's way a lot more often right now.
I will do my best to get some time to get pictures. I do not remember but I did get a Mossberg 590-A1 Tactical as well. I did move the Rem Tac14 to a new home. Busy day today but I might be able to get some pics of the expansive Sig Collection. However I did try to upload one picture and it is too big.... I have heard that before.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

From a fellow member of a private gun forum I belong to that puts out some very good/interesting videos.

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I've been carrying my P365X almost exclusively for a while now. Yesterday I dropped my wife at the 'old' house to pack up more boxes while I did runs back and forth to the new house with packed boxes. Both good neighborhoods but I left her with my P365X while alone at the old house. She has her own CCW (S&W 380EZ) but didn't bring it. So when I got to the new home with the first load I donned the P365XL which has been sitting for a while.

I'd forgotten how much I really like the XL. So much so that I went ahead and ordered a new IWB holster for it. I've always been an OWB holster guy but the last several months or more I've been carrying either the LCP Max or P365X IWB (usually the P365X). But carrying that XL made me want to have an IWB option for it as well.

Just an excellent pistol all the way around. :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Received the holster yesterday. Tried in on briefly and it seems like it will work out just fine.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

I'm still loving my 365. I'm even considering a 322 if I find one local.
I have never been a Sig fan, but I know when a company gets it right.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I saw these the other day. IS it REALLY that good?
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:24 pm I saw these the other day. IS it REALLY that good?
I switched from a Glock 26 to the Sig P365 as my last official off-duty carry. It ran the paces on the qualification course like it was a full sized service pistol. I used it at the Outlaw match in Ruskin and it was hitting A-zone out to 40ish yards with no problem.

I'm aware of two different P365 range rental pistols that were at or near 100k rounds before needing servicing.

I have the P365 that I converted to an 'X' model and a P365XL. I carry one or the other 95% of the time. So yes, I'd have to say that it really is that good. You can go small enough for pocket carry with a P365 or if you need more grip use a 12-round mag or bump up to the X or XL. You have a choice of thumb safety or not. Comes standard with Xray night sights. Good texturing. More accurate than you'd think a Micro-9 could be. Really not a downside as far as I'm concerned.

Capacity from 10 to 15 rounds depending on the package.

Strayz

Post by Strayz »

Well, I did it again...

walked into the local fun store... They had a new sig there calling my name...

The sig P322.. It is a great little .22 I have about 500 rounds through it now and I have to say 2 things.

20 round mags feel like you are shooting all day compaired to most .22's that have 10 round magazines. I went back after the first range trip and bought the last 3 spare mags they had. So I am up to 5. I think I am going to need 5 or so more. I have not seen them but there are rumors that sig has made 25-round mags as well.

It is a great almost best suppressor host I own for .22 pistols.

I picked up one of Sigs micro red dot sights to put on it when I bought it. Yes I am slowly transitioning to red dots as my eyes are old and well, I am not 21 years old anymore either.

Overall it is a solid 9 out of 10 as I am still breaking it in. All ammo I have tried it has worked with. I just did a small add oil and I will clean it out around 1500 rounds or so. If I get no jams or FTF or FTE I will declare victory!

I was pleasantly surprised with its performance and will say I think it is worth the $455.00 that I paid for it. Accessories added quite a bit to the price but I was prepaired to pay a lot more when I found the price on all of the internet pages. my local fun store has been very good to me on prices. Sig red dot site was $150.00, Magazines were 29.99 each. Do I feel this is a good price point for $450 to $500, for 450 yes, at the higher end less so but Ruger 22/45's are going for more than 5 bills these days as well.

Overall the ergos are similar to the P365 but larger, and in my tiny hands they were very good. The texture that sig is using these days is good for a day worth of shooting. it did not get slimy or slick after 2-3 people all tried out the newest .22

The stock sites are the fiber optic green dots and work very well. The recoil is a .22 so bring Ice after a day of shooting this punishing cartridge. (joking)

Loading the Magazines, ah yes. it is not painfull and I did not need to bring my finger savers as Sig includes a mag loader in the box. You can load the mags with out the mag loader it will just be like living 20 years ago and loading mags for your High Standard, or Colt woodsman. The Mags are polymer and lightweight. springs may be a bit stiff but time will tell for the magazines.

Well done Sig. (I will cross post this in the range report. )
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Repost from the 'New Gun' thread.

Saw another Sig P229 that I wanted to get. Below are some pics I snapped.

The night sights are still good. Not 'brand new' bright but serviceable. I'd say they've reached the hill and are on the down slope but still near the top. The barrel has smiley wear marks so it's been shot some. No marks on the slide or frame though so it looks to have been well taken care of by it's previous owner.

Has an ACUxxxxx SN.

No markings on the slide other than Sig Sauer P229 on the left side.

Barrel marked 40 S&W on the right side.

Trigger in DA and SA seems pretty much about the same as my other P229, which is to say 'nice'. Smooth with no gritty feel.

Came with three mags and an IWB holster (no name). Got it for $500.