Sig thread

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

Re: Sig thread

Post by David »

I thought I had put this down for future reference but I couldn’t find it.

Grip tape specifically for a P320/P250 X-carry grip module.

https://www.collectordesignwerks.com/sh ... p-tape-set
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Posted this in the 'New Gun' thread but wanted to put it here in the Sig thread as well.

Picked up a P365XL with Romeo Zero this morning. Came with three 12-round mags and an IWB holster.

Figured it would be a good pistol for my wife in the night stand role. Brought it home, she loved it and decided to make it the pistol she carries. She was able to rack the slide very easily which really sold it for her. She likes the Red Dot as it makes it very simple for her. And she likes the thumb safety as well of course. Hopefully she'll be able to shoot next Monday (ladies night) to get familiar with it.

Would be nice that we both carry the same model of pistol as well. :)

So this gives me a regular P365, P365XL with TLR-6 and now this one with the Red Dot.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Not real happy with my current XL holster. The front part stays close to my body but the rear part sticks out from my body. Too rigid. So I went ahead and ordered a Crossbreed Snap Slid OWB holster. From the photo on the website it looks like it will be held closer to my body all the way around and be more stable. Hopefully I'll like it better than what I'm using now.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Interesting video.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

David
Administrator

Post by David »

For posterity and later reference, the P250 I had about 3 1/2 years ago in 45acp:

Okay, so a couple of years ago I bought that High Point 4095 .40S&W carbine for $267 new plus tax ($285 total). Last year I traded even it for a Mossberg 500 with all wooden furniture and the guy threw in an ATI folding stock. The cheapest I'm finding that stock is like $70 by itself so I put it on one of my other Mossy 500's, the one I keep in the car. So I'm subtracting the price of the stock from the original $ output, so I now have $215 into the deal. Then I traded the above Mossy 500 with the wood furniture for a S&W 6904 + $50 so I had about $265 into that 9mm. Then I traded the 9mm even for the P250 .45acp so that put me at about $265 into that Sig! Great deal imho.

Bought the night sights I referenced earlier in this thread and with the Amazon credit I had build up only ended up paying like $35 total. So let's say I've got $300 into the Sig now.

The deal came with a 9mm grip module. Don't know why he had it but he threw it into the deal. Those grip modules are $35 and up plus shipping. Without splitting hairs, I sold it on AL and bought an FDE for the .45 so let's call that an even split. So I've still got $300 into the Sig.

It came with two mags but I wanted to get a couple/few more. So I looked around and finally found a guy on Ebay that was selling them for $18 each plus $5 shipping. Well, $23 is a really good deal because these sell for $31 and upwards not counting the shipping, which for some places is ridiculously high. So I bought the two he had so it was $36 plus $10 for shipping. I msg him and asked if he'd combine shipping and he said he would or he had a third mag if I wanted to add another $11. I did so that's three mags for $57! So now I've got $357 into the Sig total for the gun, two grip modules, night sights and five mags.
I really should have hung onto this one :cry:

Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

I got the P320 X5 Max yesterday while at Sig Academy. Photos and range report to follow. It has a smooth trigger and I am looking forward to trying the red dot for the first time as this is my first pistol with one.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Nice. Looking forward to your pics and report :)

David
Administrator

Post by David »

I decided I really like the flat-faced trigger on the XL. The normal curved trigger is perfectly fine, so it's just personal preference. So I took the FCU with the flat-faced trigger out of my wife's night stand XL and swapped it with the curved-faced trigger in my P365. She could care less one way or the other. This way, I can carry either the P365 or the XL and the trigger is the same. I like options