Sig thread

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

Re: Sig thread

Post by David »

So I installed the MS without issue. Someone told me that there was the faint outline on the grip module for the cut outs necessary for the MS and they were right. Saved me $50+ on getting another grip module. A few minutes with a dremel and it was all done.

Installed the base plates on a couple of the extra 10-rounders I had laying around for the P365 to make them usable in the XL.

Put the TLR-6 on the XL and put it in the holster I had purchased that is 'suppose' to fit the XL with TLR-6. Went into the holster easy. I put it on my belt for a few practice draws and literally could NOT pull the pistol out of the holster! I felt like I was going to tug my shorts and belt over my head I was pulling so hard. It's just a simple kydex holster. But I could not draw the pistol out. I took it off and it took both hands and a lot of effort tugging it back and forth before I could finally get the pistol out. So I tried it again and same thing. I didn't see anything that would be hanging it up. So anyway, I've already printed out the return label to send it back. First time I ever had that sort of problem with a holster. Additionally, it covers the trigger guard too high and interferes with getting a good grip. So just not a good holster all the way around. Oh well, at least the other stuff was fine and works well. So I'll just look for another holster.

Still very pleased with the XL. Feels good in the hand.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I gave me son a kydex OWB holster for his P365 last year. I tested it on the XL and it works just fine. He doesn't use it so he gave it back (he uses an IWB holster now for his P365). I won't be able to mount the TLR-6 so I suppose I'll just keep it on the P365. But at least I can now carry it.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I just ordered a new kydex holster for the XL w/TLR-6. This is from R&R Holsters in Jacksonville, Florida. I've gotten several holsters from them over the years and have been very satisfied with their products. This is currently the holster for my P365 w/TLR-6. It snaps in firmly but is easy to draw. Holds tight to my side with a Kore Essentials belt. And just as important, the top of the holster is cut in a way that allows my to get a full grip on the pistol while still in the holster. No fumbling around having to readjust my hand after drawing. I'll simply move the TLR-6 from the P365 to the XL since they use the same light. I've thought about simply getting a second TLR-6...still thinking about it.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Thought about it and decided to get a second TLR-6. That way both the P365 and XL are all set up.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

A lot of folks have talked about taking a P365 slide and putting in on an XL frame and making a P365X. Well I guess enough folks have done it and talked about it that it caught the attention of Sig. They now produce a P365X with optic that is that very combination. The Sig P365X RomeoZero.

https://www.sigsauer.com/p365x-romeozero.html

Gotta hand it to Sig, they listen to their customer base these days it seems. Enough people wanted a MS version that they made it. Enough people wanted a MS conversion kit that they made it. Enough people wanted a P365X so now they make that as well.

Lastrites

Post by Lastrites »

Sig has hit a home run with this line of pistols, not much not to like!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Lastrites wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:17 am Sig has hit a home run with this line of pistols, not much not to like!
Welcome to the board :)

And yes, it's pretty impressive to see what they've done so far with the P365 series. Really looking forward to shooting the XL. My holster arrived yesterday, the TLR-6 arrives tomorrow.

Lastrites

Post by Lastrites »

Humbly thank you! The XL's do excel, have a friend who had never shot a pistol take the above and proceed to knock the X out of the target. He couldn't believe how well he did and fun he has missed. I did warm him with a .22 High Std first but that was child's play.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Received the TLR-6 in the mail today. No problems with the install. Some pics with some comparisons to my P365 with TLR-6.

With a 12-round magazine, the P365 is virtually the same height as the XL. Add on the additional inch to the slide and it's still a very compact pistol. Converted my 15-round mags over to the XL base plate so they are usable by either pistol. Same thing with the 10-round mags, changed the base plate to be usable in either pistol.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Lastrites wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:29 am Humbly thank you! The XL's do excel, have a friend who had never shot a pistol take the above and proceed to knock the X out of the target. He couldn't believe how well he did and fun he has missed. I did warm him with a .22 High Std first but that was child's play.
I was very impressed with my P365 at the Outlaw match I shot back in December in Ruskin (Gun Craft). I would suspect the XL to be at least as good if not even better. I do like the flat trigger quite a bit.

Beam shots from the XL with the TLR-6:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=257&start=70