Sig thread

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

Re: Sig thread

Post by David »

Horskinator wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:49 pm After watching his review I took away that his estimated lifetime round count is rather light in my humble opinion. After taking the armorer's course for the P320 all the things he mentioned as noticeable wear is exactly what should happen as parts wear together. With proper lubrication I bet the little P365 will get well up to if not more than 100k rounds with only possibly replacing springs. The key to long service life of the pistol is using a good lube/grease on the rails just like on the original P series pistols. I use wheel bearing grease on the rails/slide of all my pistols in a very light film. It actually is amazing how well the polymer pistols hold up given the amount of energy they absorb. I do like how he mentions the Sig chassis design is superior to the Glock due to the FCU containing the rails opposed to the rails being molded into the polymer. One advantage that I did learn during the armorer's course is the sear housing is available as a whole unit to replace instead of all the little parts that are contained in the unit, however I can completely rebuild the sear housing if necessary. The P365 is very similar just a smaller package.
I agree with you on several points. First, a good gun grease is fantastic. I use Rigg's Universal Gun Grease after it was recommended by my buddy who is my former agencies lead armorer. It's what they use on all the weapons from duty to off-duty. Excellent stuff.

Secondly, one of the things that impresses me about the P365 is that the rails are so long, running about 2/3 the length of the frame rather than just the little rail inserts like on a Glock.

Sig P365

Glock
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

My birthday was yesterday and the little lady got me a gift certificate to LGS. So me being me I ended up picking up a P320 in 357sig. I a going to pick up a 40S&W barrel for it. This is a big step for me as I have pretty much kept my caliber assortment small and these just expanded it again. Thank god I reload.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Horskinator wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:59 pm My birthday was yesterday and the little lady got me a gift certificate to LGS. So me being me I ended up picking up a P320 in 357sig. I a going to pick up a 40S&W barrel for it. This is a big step for me as I have pretty much kept my caliber assortment small and these just expanded it again. Thank god I reload.
Happy birthday and great present! :)

You know me, I love multi caliber platforms. Pics and range report please ;)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

Thank you. Range report will be in the spring as my local range is buried in snow and no ammo on hand yet. But pics will follow and I will remember to get the P239 as well.
Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

Well I am beginning to think the new administration is in. LGS got my call back and it is officially delayed. 1/17/21 pick up date unless they clear me earlier.... Really odd as 2 weeks ago I got the P239 no issue other than waiting for the call back.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Horskinator wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:22 pm Thank you. Range report will be in the spring as my local range is buried in snow and no ammo on hand yet. But pics will follow and I will remember to get the P239 as well.
Have you had the opportunity to test it out yet?

Horskinator

Post by Horskinator »

David,

Well I officially can say I have a massive addiction to firearms.... I did get the new P320 and I finally splurged on a P365 MS. Then I also added a CZ TS Orange in both 40 and 9 (one gun just added barrel and mags). I added a CZ Scorpion pistol with brace. Also a Remington Tac14. I have yet to shoot any of them at this point due to the local range being closed until the weather changes. But I am looking forward to it. I am still searching for 40 dies but did score some 357Sig. I have been super busy at work and hunting for reloading supplies. Also my 2 revolvers (Ruger SP101) are still not in.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Horskinator wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:34 am I finally splurged on a P365 MS.
Welcome to the club!

I like to carry my HK's and Glocks but overall the P365 is the one that I carry 99.9% of the time. Simply because it's so comfortable yet is accurate, reliable, serviceable and has excellent capacity options.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

I posted this in the 'New gun' thread but wanted to include it in the Sig thread as well.

Picked up a Sig P250 in 40S&W with an FDE X-carry grip module. Has night sights but they are dimming. You can still pick them up in the dark but definitely towards the end of their life. Also came with six 13-round magazines.

I had a P250 a few years back in 45acp and kinda regret trading it away. I like the hammer-fired DAO P250 over the P320 personally. The P320 is a nice pistol but I just lean towards hammer-fired pistols. Not sure if it's going to be a HD pistol or maybe a woods carry/hiking pistol. It would make a dandy woods carry because it just isn't that heavy. I'll have to look into night sights for it, if they are still available, which may be iffy since the P250 has been discontinued. I may just have to go the Nitesiters route which is fine. I've used them before and they actually work really well. Particularly if this is going to be a woods/hiking pistol.

I'll also have to check into both 9mm and 357sig barrels...just because :lol:

David
Administrator

Post by David »

SIG Sauer Sight Heights and Sight Numbers

https://www.realgunreviews.com/sig-saue ... t-numbers/