Spammers

This area is for forum announcements and 'how-to' threads
Bmyers
Board Founder

Re: Spammers

Post by Bmyers »

Now we need to get you to work on the telemarketers. If you could fix that, you would have many grateful people.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

got 2 calls today about my car warranty :(
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I usually get calls about selling a property I don't own, and they call me by the same wrong name. So I have fun with it. When they ask me if I'm interested in selling I tell them yes, but they need to beat the last offer of 2.5 million which I turned down. When they ask me why so much I tell them the tennis court just got resurfaced, the pool is nearly Olympic regulation size and the stables are fairly new. Really throws them off their game.

Or sometimes it will be some sale call and they call me by my first name. I respond quietly with, "Steve is that you? Listen man, I did what you asked but there's so much blood I don't know what to do!"

Or if they ask for 'David' I tell them that they just missed him by a week and will have to call back when he returns. When they ask when that is I tell them that 'David' is an astronaut for NASA and is currently on the International Space Station and won't return to earth for another three months.

:lol:
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

lol
You can't fix stupid !
Legio

Post by Legio »

David wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:18 am Well the recent board update has really improved the security of the board. Prior to the update I was deleting a dozen or more spam accounts every day. I had the board set so that all new registrations required my approval so they wouldn't get through and spam the forum with ads. However, since the update we haven't had a single one which is fantastic. I've gone back to the new user having to verify via their email and it's working great.
If you want, I can install the plugin I use on FSN that cuts even more the spammers signings. There are always some that will go through, but the automatic ones are gone.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Legio wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:21 pm
David wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:18 am Well the recent board update has really improved the security of the board. Prior to the update I was deleting a dozen or more spam accounts every day. I had the board set so that all new registrations required my approval so they wouldn't get through and spam the forum with ads. However, since the update we haven't had a single one which is fantastic. I've gone back to the new user having to verify via their email and it's working great.
If you want, I can install the plugin I use on FSN that cuts even more the spammers signings. There are always some that will go through, but the automatic ones are gone.
That would be great. Prior to the upgrade I was literally zapping a dozen a day, or more. Got to the point I set new registrations for Admin approval. Since the upgrade I’ve set it back to email verification and it’s good. But if you have additional then it’s a bonus.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".