DIY stairs

Here you can post your DIY projects or links/videos.
David
Administrator

DIY stairs

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Re: DIY stairs

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I was so hoping there was a "Store food/weapons" aspect to this....
David
Administrator

Post by David »

There is if you want it to have that aspect.

Strayz

Post by Strayz »

Under the stairs is the most under utilized space in a home. Right now I am trying to figure out a way to get a basement dug out, House was put on a semi raised foundation. Would be nice to have some more space to put in a home theater or something like that.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Strayz wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:25 pm Under the stairs is the most under utilized space in a home.
You're right, and many of today's builders don't even give access to it. We've walked through a few homes under construction near our new home site and the area under the stairs is walled off. We will have a linen closet back up to where our stairwell is going to be so our plan is to open up that closet to gain access to that area under the stairwell. Won't be huge, but it is space that we can find a use for.

Strayz

Post by Strayz »

Make sure to have them to dig down enough to convert the space in the future. I am running in to bearing walls issues after measuring things out. Not sure how to lay things out right now. I would like to make the hidden shelter room or what have you along with the home theater, space available is what is taking away all of my ideas.
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

We've had the opportunity to see the material that's going to be used in our stairs when it's built. It should be very easy to sand and stain the tread (part you walk on i.e. the steps) to look very nice as well as paint each riser. We'll put in something on the stringer to fill in and it should look very nice.