Golf carts

The section for discussion on all things involving transportation; vehicles, boats, planes and more.
David
Administrator

Golf carts

Post by David »

If anyone has a golf cart and/or has experience with them I'd love to hear. When we move early next year I've considered getting one. The place has 20+ miles of hiking as well as club house and pool areas. Driving around I noticed a lot of folks have golf carts as a nice option. I've used them before at work but I'm not knowledgeable on what to get, what to look for, what to avoid etc. Not looking at spending a fortune but just a basic model I guess. Four seats would be nice.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Re: Golf carts

Post by Bmyers »

It looks to me that you need a Kubota RTV-X1140.

I'm guessing it is a little more than a gold cart, but it will go places with 4 people that a golf cart wouldn't. 😊
David
Administrator

Post by David »

For 17k I’ll have to pass. I’m thinking 5k or less.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I'm really good at spending other people's money.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bmyers wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:04 pm I'm really good at spending other people's money.
My wife beat you to it :mrgreen:

Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Golf carts are all over the Villages where we go. It is pretty much a golf cart community. 5K will get you a fairly good used cart.

The thing to consider is whether to go gas or electric. Gas has more range, electric is quieter and more maintenance free. Except you'll have to change the batteries every 5 or 6 years which is a huge expense.

My in laws, who lived at the Villages went electric with their first cart. My wife and I were down there and took it for a long ride and ran out of juice and had to be towed home. When that one wore out he then switched to a gas cart. He didn't like the noise or storing gas in his shed so went back to a Yamaha electric after a couple years. His new Yamaha costs him about 8K at the time, and it's just a 2 seater. We are kinda looking at getting a 4 seater as well.

I think the thing to do is start looking around some of senior communities for used ones for sale. There tends to be a certain level of turnover in those communities as the residents get old and die.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Good suggestion. I'm leaning towards electric for the quietness. Very probably a 4-seater if I can find one in the budget. My wife and I were exploring around the new home area, getting a lay of the land and I saw two different golf cart places. I figure I'll got there so I can start learning about brands, options and all the other information that will go into a decision.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

David
Administrator

Post by David »

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Well, I'm pretty set on getting a golf cart once we move into the new house. I even know where I'm going to put it in the garage. Now I just need to decide on what type of golf cart. New? Used? If used, what do I need to look for/look out for? Things I need to know to get the most out of the vehicle?

And so the research begins....