How to embed a Youtube video in your post

This area is for forum announcements and 'how-to' threads
David
Administrator

How to embed a Youtube video in your post

Post by David »

If you want to put a YT video in your post, simply go to the video you would like in your post. Below the YT video you will see 'SHARE'. Click on that and copy the URL. Then paste that URL in your post. That's it! The video will appear in your post and look like this:

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Re: How to embed a Youtube video in your post

Post by David »

UPDATE: I have updated the OP. Embedding a YT video is now easier thanks to the update. Simply copy the YT video URL and paste it in your post. That's it!

This has effected videos already embedded in posts prior to the update. I will be updating posts as I see them. If you want to update your own post, simply click the edit icon on your post. Then copy the URL in your post, this will be the letters between the old [youtube] brackets. Go to YT and past that in the search bar and it will take you to your video. Then click on the SHARE tab below the video to get the full URL and then simply copy and paste it back into your post with NO brackets (delete the Youtube brackets). Then submit.

If you have any issues let me know.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

Did you make photos easier?
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Ronin.45 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:55 pm Did you make photos easier?
Okay, couple of ways to add a photo. Both should be pretty easy. The first way is if the picture you want to post is already somewhere on the internet. For example, I looked for an image of a tiger. When I found the picture of the tiger I liked I right clicked and selected 'copy image link' from the drop down box. I then pasted that url into the post box here on the board. Looks like this:

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com ... %3DApi&f=1

Then I simply highlighted that link and clicked on the tab above the post box that looks like a picture with a little mountain. It will then look like this when you submit your post:

The other way is if you want to upload an image from your computer. This is also simple. Just below the post box, below where the 'Save draft, Preview and Submit' tabs you'll see two tabs that say 'Options and Attachments'. Simply click on 'Attachments' and then click on 'Add files'. And then click on the jpg or gif that's on your PC. It will then be uploaded to the board and put in your post. The file can't be larger than 256 KiB. Once you add the file you'll see it in your post after you hit 'submit'. In this case I had a picture of an eagle on my PC so I attached it to this post and it looks like this:
Attachments
eagle flag.jpg
eagle flag.jpg (176.92 KiB) Viewed 8695 times