9mm PCC urges again...

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Re: 9mm PCC urges again...

Post by Ronin.45 »

David wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 12:37 pm
David wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:08 pm
Bob wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:36 pm Hi-Piont: WHY did they only have a 10rd single stack mag???? And why hasn't anyone build a legit extended mag for it?!?!?!?!
In regards to the HP, the 9mm PCC is the 995TS. It's actually one of HP's most popular products and reviewed extremely favorably. It's not a battle rifle, but it is a reliable, accurate and fun PCC that is extremely controllable. I've owned two 995TS (still have one) and one 4095TS (the 40 S&W version). Simple blow back design. Is it pretty? Well that's an eye of the beholder sorta thing. But it works and works well and if it gets scuffed and dinged up...who cares, it's a HP.

In regards to magazines. Redball Sports has made 20-round mags for it for years. Both straight and bent mags. Only issue is if you're shooting from a prone position, but then any rifle with a long mag will have the same issue. They look funny, but again, if it sounds/looks stupid but it works...it's not stupid.

https://redballsports.net/

Additionally, the 995Ts has an inexpensive attachment that goes on the stock that holds two 10-round mags. So you've got whatever you have in the PCC and 20 rounds right on the stock as extras. You can see the mag and how it attaches in this pic (the attachment holds a mag on each side that does not interfere with shouldering/shooting the PCC.

As far as the sights, they are actually quite nice. IIRC it has a small and large peep site that rotates back and forth depending on the range your shooting. The two I've shot have been shot a LOT. The only thing it choked on was 147 WWB which to be honest I've had other guns choke on as well. But everything else was ate up and shot out. I'd have no issue having one in the closet or tossed in the car.
I'm getting a hankering for a HP PCC again. I'd like a 4595TS which is their 45acp PCC and actually, I wouldn't mind having another 995TS (9mm) and 4095TS (40S&W) as well. Talking with the admin over on the HP forum, he has a 4095TS with 10k rounds on it which is more than respectable for a 40S&W platform. These are still generally running under $300 right now.

Wouldn't mind having a Sub 2K in 40S&W as well.
Why? Don't you already have like 3 PCCs and several of them better than the HP? What role would another HP fill other than the empty spot in your soul because you haven't bought or traded anything yet this week?
David
Administrator

Post by David »

That's pretty much it :lol:
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

David wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:35 pm That's pretty much it :lol:
Pretty much what I figured😁
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I know I like my PCC. When we went to the range, we took the FX9 and everyone enjoyed shooting it.