9mm PCC urges again...

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Mac66
Board Founder

Re: 9mm PCC urges again...

Post by Mac66 »

David wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:25 am
Bob wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:39 am I just want to go slap the CEO though. Good gravy man!!!! Wake up and smell the money!!!!! Hi-cap = hi-profit!!!!!
IIRC, a 995 was used in the Columbine school shooting. So they've had to weather that stigma and the 10-round thing was the result. I could be wrong, but I think those details are in the ballpark. As a side note, I saw the videos from the cameras inside the school during an investigation class I took years ago. It actually affected me, and a lot of others in the class. Pure evil.
The 995 always had a 10 round mag. It is and was always the intention of the owner of Hi-Point to fly under the radar of the gun grabbers. The Columbine thing put them in the spotlight but they weathered the storm.

BTW, the Ruger Mini 14 was used in a number of high profile shootings which caused Bill Ruger to denounce hi-cap mags under the pounding Ruger took in the media and to defray possible legislation. As a result he was able to keep the Mini 14 off the ban lists of many states.

However, times have changed and it is curious whey HP hasn't offered up a double stack hi-cap carbine. I suppose it comes down to economics. They are selling all they can make and they don't want to increase demand so they have to increase production. Sometimes it's best to stay within your limits instead of trying to expand.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:36 pm Hi-Piont: WHY did they only have a 10rd single stack mag???? And why hasn't anyone build a legit extended mag for it?!?!?!?!
https://www.armslist.com/posts/12366652 ... rbine-9mm-

Pink Muddy Girl Camo 995TS! :mrgreen:
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Dave is pimping hard!

I have to draw the line at the dumb mags. Can't do it. Heck - even a little 20 round drum would be fine.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

But it's Pink Muddy Girl Camo! That's gotta count for something. :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Bob wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:54 pm Dave is pimping hard!

I have to draw the line at the dumb mags. Can't do it. Heck - even a little 20 round drum would be fine.
I have to agree with Bob, if the mags don't fit my Glocks, the PCC isn't worth having.
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

Bmyers wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:26 am
Bob wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:54 pm Dave is pimping hard!

I have to agree with Bob, if the mags don't fit my Glocks, the PCC isn't worth having.
That is a big advantage with the PCC. IMO, once the ruger started selling under $450, the $300 hipoint and $400 keltec were obsolete.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Ronin.45 wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:21 am IMO, once the ruger started selling under $450, the $300 hipoint and $400 keltec were obsolete.
I buddy of mine (and Bob's) bought the Ruger and it is indeed a very nice PCC. Feels very solid and like it could stand up to a lot of use/abuse. Being able to break down to fit a small backpack is also a very nice benefit. Shane, our buddy bought a backpack specifically for the Ruger that was quite nice and looks like it would also stand up to very rugged use.

The ability to use Glock mags is, like Bmeyer stated, a huge selling point and even a deal breaker if it doesn't.

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I really think I'll end up maybe building an AR 9mm. There just isn't a 9mm PCC that has all the critical things right for me...

Except the CZ...but I could build three AR 9's for that!
Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

The mag interchange was never a deal breaker for me, these guns are just a blast to shoot. My AR in 9mm takes Colt mags but my Colt pistol is chambered in 45acp, no biggie as the 9mm mags hold 30 rounds. Suppose I could get a different lower that excepted Glock or other mags...
Now the Hipoints have the ten round mags but changing mags are real simple and with practice can be fast and intuitive. I do have the Redball mags also and they do stick way out there. Nothing shares the mags with the 995s.
I know that Bob has his mind set on a price point but should consider the Beretta CX4 Storm as the mags for that one interchange with the Beretta 92s and the mags for those hold 18 rounds and the 30 round mags that I bought for the 92s also work awesomely in the CX4 but then he would need a Beretta 92 or M9... Hmm, an excuse for more cool guns :D Oh yeah, the CX4 Storm is also a very rugged and fine shooting piece.

Went to the gun store recently- didn't see much inventory and prices kinda high= Don't seem like a very good time to have a hankerin...
... Just a Dude...
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Yeah - this is not a project for now. Just have to Cowboy up w/ the .357 lever for a while...