Range report thread

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

Re: Range report thread

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:38 pm 3. Shot my HK USP first time in a while. Flawless and excellent as always.
The USP (and compact) is just a fantastic pistol. Shooting 40 or 357 out of a USP(c) is like shooting 9mm out of a Glock. Just a pleasure.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I still say, a compact USP with stainless slide in 9mm is a MUST buy for me without question.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Well I finally made it to the range with my Glock 34. Shot just fine. Typical Glock i.e. no malfunctions. Shot slightly to the left but made a jagged hole. Sights look fine so it's likely just me since it's been a bit since I've shot. Could have been the WWB ammo as well though I shot a few mags in my P365X conversion and it was pretty much spot on (with a couple of flyers). Speaking of the P365 that I converted to the X, first time I've shot it in this configuration. Flat-faced trigger was just a tad stiffer than the XL but that's a common report that smooths out with round count.

Overall very pleased with both.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bogart

Post by Bogart »

Dave, I had the exact same issue with my G34, left and a little low. I got around that problem with a red dot.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bogart wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:25 pm Dave, I had the exact same issue with my G34, left and a little low. I got around that problem with a red dot.
Good solution. I’ll try it with a different brand and/or bullet weight and see if it makes a difference.

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Great day at the range! (too lazy for pics)

#1 Love the feel of the new Glock Trigger. Always happy when I take that thing apart, mod it, put it back together and it works! Really liking how it shoots these days. The +5 mag bottom ramps the capacity up to 22rds also. Not sure what it next, but really feeling the Muzzle brake.

#2 Ran my little Ruger EC9, because I carry that so have to keep the chops up. All good there.

#3 Also the Walther PPS out for a run. Getting back into that. Remembered the trigger issue I had, made the adjustment (to my pull)...much better. I need to see which backstrap I have for that - the small or the large. Might need the large. Got it used for $250, so can't complain. Still, I really need to work with that gun.

Anyway - my two carry guns all warmed up, and now nice and clean and good to go.

#4 Took my Zombie AR out for a run finally after painting. First of all, the Duracoat held up excellently! Very happy about that. Even better, when I reassembled the Holosun circle dot, and remounted it - TOTALLY held the zero!!! Pulled it up, put Zed's Head in the circle and the dot in the center and kabam - Dead Zed. I was expecting to need to re-zero. Much win. That thing is just light, fast, and fun to shoot! I need to get something harsh in perhaps a hollow point for my mag in there. Shot whatever they had at the range, and I only have 55g green tip, which many ranges don't allow.

Finally - tried a new range: Reload in Tarpon Springs. Very very nice range I must say. Definitely on the boom boom rotation for a shooting lane.