Bob Hope

Post your jokes and funny videos here and pass on a smile.
David
Administrator

Bob Hope

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Re: Bob Hope

Post by Bmyers »

Bob Hope has to be one of the all time greatest stand up comedians and a great actor.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

He was censored off the radio one time. The reporter asked him which he preferred, battleships or women. He responded he didn't know as he'd never been on a battleship.... :mrgreen:
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

Mr. Hope was better organized than most people understand.
1. he had 6 writers, two of whom were lawyers. Many late night talk show hosts got their starts as writers for comedians.
2. his brother, Jack Hope, was his business manager. He invested in real estate. He would plant and sell orange groves across the San Fernando Valley in 1031 tax exchanges. He ended up owning about 12,000 acres. His own home, which I visited, had a three hole golf course. It was immediately adjacent to what is called Universal City and the City of Los Angeles, but was only subject to County real estate taxes and utility rates which were considerably lower.