Affordable survival items

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
David
Administrator

Affordable survival items

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Re: Affordable survival items

Post by Bob »

I'm going to add the Ultra Fire Spike style lights to that list:

https://www.amazon.com/UltraFire-Flashl ... 009&sr=8-6

Also - I have slept in a Sol Bivy. Warm warm warm! I'll also vouch for the ice cream sandwiches. Do the Mora knives need advertisement???
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Ditto the SK68 lights.

Gonna have to pick up some of those Sol bivy sacks for my kits.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Just remember - they are like a sauna. Warm, but wet!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Newer video on the Sensible Prepper channel. The case has some useful items in it, but if it is actually around $20+ you can probably put it together yourself for close to half that amount.

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

For anyone interested in defensive prepping, but not necessarily a "gun person", the S&W SD9VE is a great option. While it's not as refined as a Glock, M&P, etc, it is 10x the gun of a Hi-Point for similar money. They were just on sale around black Friday for $180 which puts them in the lowest tier price range for any new guns. They are regularly around $250 which is still a great bargain for what you get. I'd highly recommend one to anybody looking for budget defense.
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

Ronin.45 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:13 am For anyone interested in defensive prepping, but not necessarily a "gun person", the S&W SD9VE is a great option. While it's not as refined as a Glock, M&P, etc, it is 10x the gun of a Hi-Point for similar money. They were just on sale around black Friday for $180 which puts them in the lowest tier price range for any new guns. They are regularly around $250 which is still a great bargain for what you get. I'd highly recommend one to anybody looking for budget defense.
https://www.smga.com/smith-and-wesson/s ... light-6632 $250 w/light

And Sportsmans Warehouse has SR9, SR40s and SR45s on sale for the same price.

https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-gea ... s/p/p47094
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I think about snagging one of those SD9VE's on principle...
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

Bob wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:37 am I think about snagging one of those SD9VE's on principle...
Whenever I get real defensively minded, I think a handful of SD9VEs stashed around the house makes a of of sense. Or an ammo can full to hand out if family members need something during an emergency.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

This is an ideal time to stock up on inexpensive pistols and AR platforms. Ruger, S&W, Taurus and Glock trade-ins are all over the place and ripe for the taking.