Company reviews

Post your resource links, articles, videos as well as your reviews on books, movies, videos etc.
David
Administrator

Company reviews

Post by David »

We've got a deal thread and product reviews sprinkled around the board. I wanted to start a thread specifically for the companies that provide these products rather than the products they provide. The product may be great but how is the company itself? I thought I'd offer a rating system if folks want to include it in their reviews:

A - Fast shipping. Offers free or often free shipping. Courteous customer service and/or technical support. Easy to navigate website. Outstanding prices.
B - Standard shipping. Low shipping or occasional low or free shipping. Customer service and/or tech support is fine. Website is fine. Fair prices.
C - Nothing special but it's okay.
D - Slow shipping. High shipping rates. Customer service and/or tech support leaves a lot to be desired. Lousy website. High prices.
F - Ridiculously slow shipping and/or never got my stuff. Price gouger. Rude or uniformed customer service and/or tech support.

Obviously a company can have different ratings in different areas.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Re: Company reviews

Post by David »

Kore Essentials

https://www.koreessentials.com/collecti ... Gun%20Belt

I've ordered two belts from this company. It's been a very pleasant experience.

Price - C - Compared to other EDC gun belts I've seen the prices are on par.
Shipping - A - Ordered product and received two days later.
Website/product line - B/C - lots of stuff out of stock on the website when I ordered. This may be due to the present situations in the country.

I would recommend this company if you're looking for an EDC gun belt.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Re: Company reviews

Post by David »

Small Gun Parts

https://www.smallgunparts.com/

Price - B - I ordered a grip frame module with thumb safety cut outs for a P365. Price was a bit better than other companies I searched.
Shipping - F - Site stated shipping within 6 days of order. It took 13 days to finally ship. And after finally receiving an email that it had shipped I noticed it didn't actually leave for another 2 days. It's now en-route.
Customer Service - F - After 12 days of no email stating it had shipped (which my order email indicated would happen) I called to find out what the status of the order was and received an automated msg saying 'email us'. So I used the contact us tab and inquired about the status. Never received a reply. Later that day the order did ship but wasn't actually picked up for 2 more days. CS never offered a reply or explanation to my email.

Based on this experience I would not recommend this company nor will I order anything from them again. I'd rather pay a few bucks more for better service.

Mac66
Board Founder

Palmetto State Armory

Post by Mac66 »

I know PSA sometimes takes awhile to ship stuff but I've had generally good experience with the stuff I've bought from them.

I just bought a Holosun red dot. Price was pretty good compared to other online sources. Basically the cheapest I've seen them recently. This thing is really tiny.

Shipping was a B. Took about 5 days

Customer Service C-I had an issue with it missing a piece (the take down tool). I couldn't get through/sign in to their site online, it kept knocking me out. I don't know if it was technical glitch or what. I eventually called Holosun CS directly and they sent me the tool.