DIY fire-starter wafers

Here you can post your DIY projects or links/videos.
David
Administrator

DIY fire-starter wafers

Post by David »

I've made a LOT of these and they work fantastic! They last around 5 minutes which is a good amount of time to get a fire started. Simply fluff them up and hit them with a spark.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Gnepig
Board Founder

Re: DIY fire-starter wafers

Post by Gnepig »

A shot of lamp oil mixed in your wax brew makes them way easier to light and they still burn for 5 plus minutes.

I have also made a Butt load of these.
... Just a Dude...
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Absolutely! I usually mix in a teaspoon full of lamp oil with the wax. Really makes it take a spark easy-peasy!
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Me and one of our members a few years back making a batch of wafers.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Pic of the wafer in action in the backyard. We've used these things a multitude of times and they are simply fantastic. And a fraction of the price they charge online.

tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

I still do the cardboard egg-crate and dryer lint... wax from old candles mix in broken crayons, whatever... they all light fairly easy and burn good
Makes a dozen at a time then cut up.

https://diyprojects.com/make-fire-start ... ryer-lint/
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

tom mac wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:10 am I still do the cardboard egg-crate and dryer lint... wax from old candles mix in broken crayons, whatever... they all light fairly easy and burn good
Makes a dozen at a time then cut up.

https://diyprojects.com/make-fire-start ... ryer-lint/
Yep, that's how I make my fuel tabs. :)

http://sepboard.us/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=67

I also toss in a cotton round. You can get a pack of 80 for a buck at the Dollar Store which makes a lot of fuel tabs. These tabs burn for a solid 10 minutes or so.