Dad's Knives #1

A section for knives, axes, multi-tools and all things blades.
Bob
Board Founder

Dad's Knives #1

Post by Bob »

When dad died, he had a bunch of pocket knives. Every now and then I reach in the draw and DON'T grab my Spyderco/Gerber/etc. and I grab one of those. He kept them pretty darn sharp. Warms my heart a little to carry/use one. I'll put one up as I notice I'm using one.

For the past few days I have been carrying / using this little 3" Frost Cutlery blade. Cool multi color sides. Looks like it got lots of use.

David
Administrator

Re: Dad's Knives #1

Post by David »

Very nice. I inherited a bunch of knives from my real father as well. Still have a lot of them.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
justsaymo

Post by justsaymo »

"Grown Man's Knife"

I kind of liked the description.

I have knives from both of my Grandfathers and a late Brother. There are happy memories connected to those tools. Treasures.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

justsaymo wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:31 pm I have knives from both of my Grandfathers and a late Brother.
Same here. I think of my real father whenever I break out those knives. Always remember him using something called 'Bear Grease' on the blades to keep them from rusting. And another product called 'Nevrdull' which he use to polish them up. That Nevrdull is really good stuff. Comes in a can and is a wadding impregnated with something along the lines of kerosene I would imagine. We used it just recently to polish up a kitchen hood that is going into our new kitchen. Made it look like it was brand new. Good stuff.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
fishingjeff
Board Founder

Post by fishingjeff »

I'm very glad to have my dad's 6" and 9" Marble Knives, along with his Case Hatchet. Wonderful pieces of workmanship and quality materials.
bdcochran

Post by bdcochran »

My father only had a couple of wellworn peanut folders. I have no idea where they went.