My Dad died this morning

A general discussion area for topics not specifically covered elsewhere on the board. NO politics. If the topic would fit it a specific section please post in that specific section.
Mac66
Board Founder

My Dad died this morning

Post by Mac66 »

He was 92. He died peacefully in his sleep at 7 am.

He has been in lockdown at his facility since the virus thing started.

My sister called me when I was at my cabin on Friday and said that dad had been put on oxygen and was having a bit of a breathing problem but the doctor wasn't concerned. I decided to come home yesterday, just in case.

He had a massive stroke 4 years ago and has been in a nursing home for the past 3 years. He was confined to a wheelchair since his stroke and was moved a couple months ago from assisted living to an acute care floor. I had been spending 2-3 days a week visiting him prior to the virus and last saw him 3 weeks ago.

My sister is taking my mom (who lives in the same facility) up to see him this morning. They are the only ones allowed. Will have to wait and see what happens next. We had all the funeral plans in place but this virus thing changes things.
bdc
Board Founder

Re: My Dad died this morning

Post by bdc »

Sorry for your loss.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

We will say a prayer for you and your family. It is difficult when a family member passes and it is more challenging at this time when we can't gather together to celebrate the life and comfort one another. May God provide you and your family peace as you go through this.
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

Sorry to hear about your loss. Situations like this are not even considered when we talk about the complications of Covid-19
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Very sorry for the loss of your father. And prayers for you and your family. He saw a lot of history being made during his life. I glad you were able to spend time with him prior to the recent situation. Be comforted my friend.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bogart

Post by Bogart »

Sorry for your loss. Prayers sent for both of you.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

Sorry to hear, for your loss....

My 36yr old daughter passed this April 1st... due to heart attack
Worse part was being unable to have proper funeral here in NY ( max 10 people, 1 hr ) and unable to be in hospital.
You can't fix stupid !
Mac66
Board Founder

Post by Mac66 »

tom mac wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:47 am Sorry to hear, for your loss....

My 36yr old daughter passed this April 1st... due to heart attack
Worse part was being unable to have proper funeral here in NY ( max 10 people, 1 hr ) and unable to be in hospital.
Must be worse losing a daughter. My condolences.

My dad is the first parent I've lost and his passing wasn't unexpected. He had be going down hill fast in the last several months. My mom is still alive at 93 and my In-laws are both still alive in their 90s.

Viewing for 10 is this afternoon for an hour. That means just the 5 siblings and their spouses. No grandchildren. Actually this has changed. We've arranged for two viewings on Thurs so the grandchildren can say goodbye.
Last edited by Mac66 on Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Very sorry for your loss as well Tom.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

Condolences to you both.
... Just a Dude...