Vermicomposting

David
Administrator

Vermicomposting

Post by David »

https://rodaleinstitute.org/science/art ... beginners/

I have a worm factory 360 and vermicomposted for quite a long time in years past. I got out of it for a bit but I'm getting the hankering to get back into it. Worm tea and worm castings are among the best natural fertilizer you can get and use.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Re: Vermicomposting

Post by David »

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

David
Administrator

Post by David »

David
Administrator

Post by David »

David
Administrator

Post by David »

I've got 2 lbs of red wigglers arriving around Wednesday or Thursday. I still have my Worm Factory 360 and I ordered a Homestead Essentials Worm Composting Kit which looks to be similar to the Worm factory.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Homestead-Es ... 2a12024fa0

I'll set the bins up tomorrow with the plan of putting a pound of worms in each. Excited about getting back into vermicomposting. Particularly since I've gotten back into gardening. I'll add some pics later on after the project is underway.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

I've got both bins set up as of yesterday. It's been a couple of years since I've had a worm farm going so it was good to re-educate myself on the process. Worms seem happy. I set a lamp up over both bins at night so I've had none escape. It will likely take two or three months to get the first tray processed and then maybe every month or so afterwards for new trays to get processed. Looking forward to getting the worm castings added to the garden. I figure I should have a fair amount ready for the fall planting. Probably somewhere between two to four full trays.