New Knife Day

A section for knives, axes, multi-tools and all things blades.
Bob
Board Founder

New Knife Day

Post by Bob »

Since I decided to match my Lunada bag as a go-bag for my Zombie AR Pistol, a knife for the bag was an obvious choice. Came across the Gerber Freescape half-seated folder at 3.75 inches in a Zombie appropriate green. Amazon delivers during Corona Zombie Apocalypse! I am a Gerber fan boy. They make a fillet knife and an axe and a folding saw too....sort of a camping line.

Nice rubber grip and thick blade.

Gnepig
Board Founder

Re: New Knife Day

Post by Gnepig »

I like the very drop point- looks like a spear tip. Also like the double blade lock and it looks comfortable to grip for long periods of time.
Cool get Bob, now you need the folding saw... And I want the paring knife and flashlight.
I have other Gerber stuff, they are turning out to be good tools.
... Just a Dude...
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Yep, big fan of Gerber knives and multi-tools.

I do like that handle. Looks rugged yet comfortable to hold. I like partially serrated blades and have always found use for them. Looks like a dandy little sheath as well. Good score.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

There is a matching flashlight!?!?!?

GPig/Gene - yes, it is extremely comfortable in the hand, and the double lock is very cool. whether for use as a spear, a Zombie skull puncture devise, or just not closing on your own hand!

Only way it could be better for me would be tanto point. I do love me some half-serrated too...
Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

... Just a Dude...
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

$61?!?!?!?!

Pass...unless Dave recommends it!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Pass.

For around $20 you can get a Convoy S2+ or BLF A6 (Astrolux S1) that has 500 to 1600 lumens and more options in a smaller package.

http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php ... uct_id=743

https://usa.banggood.com/BLF-A6-XPL-160 ... ehouse=USA
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
bdc
Board Founder

Post by bdc »

I ordered and received a Cold Steel SRK. Modified the handle slightly. Today, I compared it to a K-bar short. Putting aside the handle, pretty much the same knife.
Gnepig
Board Founder

Post by Gnepig »

Nice knife Bob:

The blade is pretty thick and has a sharp square spine that scrapes a good spark from a ferro rod.
Attachments
502.jpg
502.jpg (13.2 KiB) Viewed 3965 times
Last edited by Gnepig on Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
... Just a Dude...
xxo

Post by xxo »

I was a big fan of the old Gerber LST folding knives back in the 80's and 90's (before I got into Spyderco), I liked that they were full flat ground and lighter than the typical Buck knives that were the thing back then.

I have some of the Gerber/Fiskars folding saws – the ones made in Finland or the USA are great. Unfortunately, the same Gerber saws made in China are junk - I broke a couple the first time I tried to use them. Same thing with their Chinese made bypass pruners: total junk that broke after a few min. of use.

I also have a Gerber Brush Thinner and a Fiskars hatchet, both made in Finland and both work real well.

Another Gerber that I like a lot is a Gerber Gator fillet knife, made in Portugal.