Glock thread

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

Re: Glock thread

Post by David »

@Bmyers

I found your next Glock. You're welcome :lol:

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Looks like my (new/used) 19X will arrive at my FFL tomorrow. I don't know what time it will get there so I'm not sure if I'll be able to pick it up tomorrow or Tuesday. This is the one I got in a trade with someone on GT. He's already gotten my trade and was pleased with the trade. I'm sure I will be as well. Suppose to have a couple of extra mags with the deal or a total of five.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I talked to the wife about purchasing the above mentioned Glock and she slapped me.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bmyers wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:53 am I talked to the wife about purchasing the above mentioned Glock and she slapped me.
You talking about the 19X or the one in the photo?

Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

The photo one.

She would be fine with the 19X
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bmyers wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:05 am The photo one.

She would be fine with the 19X
You just have to ask yourself what was going through that guys mind when he sat down with his Glock. :shock:

Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

My guess is a lot of air was flowing in one ear and out the other.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bmyers wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 7:05 am She would be fine with the 19X
I was surfing YT last night and saw this video;

He made an interesting comment about the 19X in that it had already sold 100,000 units during that year. The 19X came out Jan 22, 2018 and the video was in October, 2018 so Glock sold that many in less than 10 months. That is solidly impressive. And it makes you wonder how many they've sold to date.

When I talked to Glock late last year the tech stated that the 19X wasn't currently being made for retail sales, only blue label. That whatever was out there or in the pipeline was it for the foreseeable future on the retail side. Perhaps so they could concentrate on the G45? I don't know. With the success rate of the 19X it would be hard to imagine it would be fully discontinued. I would think that occasionally runs would happen. Time will tell.

It also makes me wonder how well the G45 is doing? I would imagine very well. It is touted by many to be the 'King of Glocks'. I know I certainly like mine quite well.

Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Since 2020 seen over 8 million first time gun buyers, I'm sure Glock and every other manufacture is cranking out as many guns as they can. My guess, is they have consolidated on their best sellers to try to take advantage of the market while it is hot.

Here is a quote from an article about S&W

Smith said that during the quarter, his company managed to ship 70% more “units” compared to last year. Most of the “units” produced by Smith & Wesson are guns. Smith said the company shipped out 473,000 handguns and 120,000 long guns, which includes rifles and shotguns, during the quarter.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/aaronsmith ... 761ed47933
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Sights - Yes. Night sights are a good addition.
Grip - Maybe. If it's something you really need. I don't care for stippling personally though I have used Talon -clone grips on non-Glock pistols.
Trigger - No. You're wasting your money on gee-whiz parts instead of classes, training and ammo. Never a substitute for skill set and if you have skill set then you don't need gimmicks.
WML - Situational. I like them on HD weapons and some EDC pistols. Allows for keeping both hands on the weapon or if a hand is disabled the light can still be used.
Barrel - Only if you've shot the OEM smooth.
Extensions - Can br useful on a HD pistol or back up mag.