Glock thread

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

Re: Glock thread

Post by David »

Bob wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:14 am Just ordered a Flat Front trigger for my G23/9mm.

I just love working on this thing!
Pics when you install it :)
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

My next purchases will be a compensator, and a 3.5 connector.

But trigger next!
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

OK - Trigger is on the dining room table, I have watched a vid....getting close!
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

And here it is. One more little silver tweak. Flat front triger

Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

Looks nice
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Bmyers wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:51 amLooks nice
I was just so-so shooting it until I got that Jet funnel. I was never a fan of the grip, just not "me."

But once that thing was on...much better!!

So fun to work on.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

That is the nice thing with most modern firearms, you can fine tune them to fit your needs/shooting style. Glad you enjoy the improvements.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

So I've been getting a real hankering for a Gen 5 Glock 21. I like my Gen 3 and it's just like the one I carried for nearly 20 years on-duty. But the Gen 5 from what I've researched is notably thinner in the grip, I like the texturing better and I like the forward slide serrations. It's also suppose to be softer shooting (not that the Gen 3 is bad).
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Was gaming with some friends I use to work with and one has a Gen 4 G21. It does feel thinner in the grip than the Gen 3. This is helping confirm the itch for a Gen 5 G21. The Gen 4 would be fine but I like the lack of finger grooves on the Gen 5's and the other upgrades including the forward serrations.

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

So I'm seeing some Gen2 Glocks show up as LEO trade ins. Any downside to grabbing one of these???