Pistol/SBR/Rifle Go-bag

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Re: Pistol/SBR/Rifle Go-bag

Post by Bmyers »

This reminds me, I need to get my rifle out and check the batteries in the red dot. Normally I have it out a couple times a year to shot, but this year with no primers being anywhere, I haven't gotten most of the toys out like normal.
tom mac
Board Founder

Post by tom mac »

I pulled a couple items out of the car's bag and found leaking batteries in lights.... bad me !
I do carry extra cells too , so in need, it would have worked.

Going to do what some companies do that ship items with batteries in them, put a folded piece of wax paper between cells to stop the leakage
You can't fix stupid !
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Think I've made the decision to reorganize my SBR/pistol go-bag. I've got what I'm currently using pictured earlier in the thread. It's 'okay' but not by much. The bag is a cheap knock-off and probably wouldn't hold up to much, if any abuse. And it's too tactical looking.

I'm going to use the Maxpedition Entity sling bag I bought from my son.

This is specifically designed to be a CCW bag yet project complete grey man. It will just fit my Sub 2K and I'm going to also have my Glock 35 with both 40 and 9mm barrels in the pack. Both weapons share the same magazines which is very useful and practical. Having both the 40/9 barrels would double my ammo availability choices. And a bag like this won't draw any attention. Which is a big bonus over the other bag.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

David wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:46 pm Think I've made the decision to reorganize my SBR/pistol go-bag. I've got what I'm currently using pictured earlier in the thread. It's 'okay' but not by much. The bag is a cheap knock-off and probably wouldn't hold up to much, if any abuse. And it's too tactical looking.

I'm going to use the Maxpedition Entity sling bag I bought from my son.

This is specifically designed to be a CCW bag yet project complete grey man. It will just fit my Sub 2K and I'm going to also have my Glock 35 with both 40 and 9mm barrels in the pack. Both weapons share the same magazines which is very useful and practical. Having both the 40/9 barrels would double my ammo availability choices. And a bag like this won't draw any attention. Which is a big bonus over the other bag.
Finally got this set up. :o

Sub 2K just fits in the main compartment. I have the G35 in the CCW compartment in a velcro universal holster. I have it empty chamber just to be on the safe side. This is an 'extra' pistol for the bag and not something in a quick access role. The Sub 2K is folded so nothing in the chamber so it's safe as well. I have the 9mm conversion barrel packed in a case with a tube Maglite. The .40 barrel is in the G35. I have a 9mm G17 mag in the Sub 2K and two spare G17 mags. I should probably toss the spare 40 mag in there as well. This makes the G35 dual use with the most popular caliber (9mm) followed by the second most popular (maybe tied with 45acp). So all said and done I've got three 17-round mags for the two 9mm platforms and I'll have two 15-round mags for the G35. I could have put in a 'fun' stick but the bag is already heavy enough as it is without weighing it down with more ammo.

This will mainly be an on-the-road part of my GHB. It won't be in my vehicle on a normal basis but is ready to go if I want to take an extended trip from the house and want a little extra with me.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bogart

Post by Bogart »

That sounds like a decent set up. How much does it weigh with the mags loaded?
Strayz

Post by Strayz »

do you think the Ruger PC Charger take down would fit in there or would it get to heavy for the size? (also a pair or 3 glock happy sticks.)
Sometimes things need to be said, Other times things must be done.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bogart wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:19 am That sounds like a decent set up. How much does it weigh with the mags loaded?
Still unpacking boxes. When I can find my scale I'll weight it and post it.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Strayz wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:14 pm do you think the Ruger PC Charger take down would fit in there or would it get to heavy for the size? (also a pair or 3 glock happy sticks.)
I've never tried it, but I'd say yes judging from the one my buddy has. The Maxpedition bag does come in, IIRC, four sizes as well so if the one I posted doesn't, the next size up probably would.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bogart wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 1:19 am That sounds like a decent set up. How much does it weigh with the mags loaded?
Finally found my scale and batteries :lol:

The bag with the whole set up weighs 15 lbs. That's the Sub 2K (loaded w/empty chamber), Glock 35 (loaded w/empty chamber), loaded mags and various other items.

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I got two mags at the toy show. I SWEAR as soon as the humidity drops I'm painting this gun and putting it back together!!!!!