Pistol/SBR/Rifle Go-bag

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
Bob
Board Founder

Pistol/SBR/Rifle Go-bag

Post by Bob »

So, I got a Lunada bag and I have decided to make it my "shooter go bag". By that I mean I'd like to have it as a ready-for-action, need to have a ready to shoot dedicated to combat bag.

Might grab my Zombie AR
Might grab my main AK
Might grab multiple pistols or a shotgun

Given that it is a Lunada, what would you all recommend I put in it?

David
Administrator

Re: Pistol/SBR/Rifle Go-bag

Post by David »

I think the Lundada is a great pack. Had one for years.

Some thoughts:

You've got two specific spots for concealed pistols. The back of the bag and inside the main compartment under the zippered flap. Both of those spots are designed for concealed pistols. The one of the back of the bag will mostly require a compact or sub-compact pistol. The interior one likely can hold a larger.

The front zippered compartment will be a likely spot to hold magazines and other gear like batteries for WML, small tools etc.

A trauma FAK with tourniquet would be highly recommended since this is a grab-n-go bag designed around firearms.

Inside the main compartment could be extra mags or space for larger mags like AR mags. A small cleaning kit would be advisable. Also some hearing protection in the form of easily donned ear buds like the kind that can go around the neck.

It has enough PALS webbing along the sides to attach additional items; flashlights, fixed or folding blade knife etc.

Although the Lundada isn't a huge bag, it is large enough that will a bit of thought could be packed appropriately with just about any useful, necessary items you'd likely need. It can be fairly stuffed with stuff and still be portable to carry comfortably.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Although a larger bag, this video can give some ideas to use in the more compact Lunada:

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

Bob wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:40 pm So, I got a Lunada bag and I have decided to make it my "shooter go bag". By that I mean I'd like to have it as a ready-for-action, need to have a ready to shoot dedicated to combat bag.

Might grab my Zombie AR
Might grab my main AK
Might grab multiple pistols or a shotgun

Given that it is a Lunada, what would you all recommend I put in it?

Are you going to leave the guns in/near it? I ask because you'd want to be sure the mags and ammo is compatible with the guns you grab if they aren't already there. For me, I'd set it up for either my primary guns or duplicates of them.
If you have two compatible handguns, maybe one can live in the bag with mags and ammo. That way, if you grab and go, you have two handguns and can feed them.
Which rifle do you shoot better or more often? If you aren't going to keep a long gun with the bag, maybe set it up for the gun you are more likely to have out for regular shooting. If the AR is the one you tend to play with more, it makes sense to stock the bag for it.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Well, actually, I guess it really is gonna be for the AR Pistol.

My Main EBR is my SLR107 AK. Along with that goes an actual vest, and mag pouches. So if I grab the AK it is go-to-war time, and I'd be grabbing the vest. Not really an "indoor" thing

If I grab the Shotgun, I have a bandolier for that, so I also guess "no"

That brings me to the AR. It's small in size, and caliber, very fast and light. So I guess this little bag might most often go with that. And that makes this decision easy: 20rd Mags in main pouch.

It also tells me that I need neon green paracord trim!
David
Administrator

Post by David »

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gunmaster-Cl ... t/51932685

This is the small cleaning kit I was referring to above.

Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

David wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:56 am https://www.walmart.com/ip/Gunmaster-Cl ... t/51932685

This is the small cleaning kit I was referring to above.

I've been using these for years. Much easier to store and pack than real rods. Between these and bore snakes, I don't even own long rods anymore.
Attachments
s-l300.jpg
s-l300.jpg (18.51 KiB) Viewed 48704 times
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

SO far I have a knife and an AR multi-tool on the bag. More to come!

AN AR cleaning kit will be a must.
aerynsun

Post by aerynsun »

Is this your GHB, BOB or is there some other goal for this bag?