Zombie AR Pistol Project

A section for all the tweaks done and available to our toys.
Bob
Board Founder

Zombie AR Pistol Project

Post by Bob »

Here is the full-meal-deal on this project, and it is not done yet! Like I said - I basically wanted an AR so I could play, use 5.56/.223 ammo, it was a common platform, and I wanted to make a cool Anti-Zombi gun. So this is where I am now. Each additional post will specify the parts/purpose thoughts.

Overall look:
10" barrel
27" total Length
5.56 Barrel
Thordsen cheek rest

Bob
Board Founder

Re: Zombie AR Pistol Project

Post by Bob »

Like I said - the flash hider is going to be pointy and wicked for smashing zombie skulls.

Up front there is a Magpul flip-up front sight. Nothing fancy there. It works.

The rubber band is a ranger-band that I got off Amazon. I got a whole bag of them. Cool sturdy rubber bands. May discuss in the gear section. It hold the pressure pad for a green laser.

Then there is a little angled grip, which is legal for pistols as NOT being a vertical front grip. Pretty comfy.

The rails are M-Lok, which I can't say I love. Comfortable, yes. PITA to attach stuff! I'm going to Duracoat the non-main rail areas (Main = top/bottom/sides) and grip Zombie Green.

Last edited by Bob on Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Lot going on here...

I forget who made the upper, but the lower is obviously a Spike's Tactical Zombie. I built the insides myself using mostly S&W parts. It has a non-standard trigger, which is pretty nice. Again, I forget the brand. I can find out...think I got it from AIM Surplus.

The other half of the Magpul Bis. Again, nothing fascinating there. It works. Flip up/down is nice.

I added a BAD release lever. That is cool. Took me a bit to get used to using it, but I love not having to take my right hand off of the trigger/grip area during a mag release. I HATE AR charging handles!!!

Right behind the BAD lever or below "Apopka" are some anti-rotation bars for the trigger. Just totally reliable.

I like the grip a lot too. That's Bravo Company Gunfighter. That's going to become Z-Green.

I'm using Magpul 20 rd mags, because small and light. Probably going green on those.

The sight is a Holosun solar powered green circle dot. Might be the 510C...Cover will be Z-green.

I filled in the printing using nail polish. It held up well to shooting session! Gotta love Live/Dead/Undead on the selector!

Last edited by Bob on Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

The Thorsden cheek rest is an interesting thing. It is basically the cheek rest portion of any other stock. The main tube goes to the end, and then below and beside are two additional tubes. Then there is plastic covering the whole thing. It makes a triangle of three little circles on the back. I decided to try this just to be a little different than the blades, and I did not trust the ATF to maintain their Okee Dokee on those blade stocks. So I went with this. I like it a lot. Comfy on the cheek, and rests nice on the shoulder.

Going to make the main tube Z-green

Last edited by Bob on Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Here is the other side. You can see the green laser. This is some junk Laser I had from who knows what. Meh - I threw it on. It works.