Weapon Mounted Lights (WML)

Flashlights, lanterns, torches and anything that sheds a little light for your path.
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Re: Weapon Mounted Lights (WML)

Post by Ronin.45 »

Yes, Olight is doing a flash sale on the 8th. They have the PL-2 handgun light and the Warrior X Pro on discount. The Warrior is designed to be a rifle light as well as handheld with a mount and optional tape switch. I've been thinking about a warrior for quite a while and finally ordered one a few hours ago. In specs it rivals or beats the super expensive Modlites and such so I'm interested to see how it does. Getting $30 off plus 3 free lights doesn't hurt either.
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

The Warrior X has become my wife's favorite light. She likes how far it throws the light.
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

This warrior x pro is insanely bright. I haven't lasered distances in the field yet, but their claim of 600m throw seems very realistic.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I traded the P30sk for a new/unfired Glock 19X. I kept the Olight PL-Mini 2 Valkyrie of course and put it on the 19X for grins. Would have thought it would be too short or not throw the light well enough but I was pleasantly surprised. It did great. I'll have to snap a pic and toss it up. Looks tiny on the 19X but not 'that' tiny and it seems to work great.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Top with the TLR-8 and bottom with the Olight PL-Mini Valkyrie.

A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

Either one of those should serve very well in the nightstand role.
Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

I just swapped my PRO for the Odin. The mount is limiting with my thorntail rail. It stuck out way too much if in the flat slot. On the end slot it just barely clears the top pic rail. I'll run it in a low light match to test it and make a decision.
FB_IMG_1597006130758.jpg
FB_IMG_1597006130758.jpg (122.8 KiB) Viewed 21927 times
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

Just joined the ranks of the OLight owners!

Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

Bob wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:42 pm Just joined the ranks of the OLight owners!

Nice choice. I've changed to the bigger lights, but the mini is a great unit.
Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I don't think of it as Min - more so it was cheap!

Might get one with a Laser for my Carry if it fits.