Weapon Mounted Lights (WML)

Flashlights, lanterns, torches and anything that sheds a little light for your path.
David
Administrator

Re: Weapon Mounted Lights (WML)

Post by David »

I've come to appreciate the Olight and see why Sootch00 pushes it so hard (well, that and the kick back I'm sure he gets and all the free samples :mrgreen: ). But it's a good light and very bright. I also like the very small, compact size.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

I added a couple more WML from the last sale they had.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Saw this thread on another board and had to share it. WML chapstick trick.

http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/t ... tick-trick
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
Bmyers
Board Founder

Post by Bmyers »

That is an interesting trick.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

A quick comment while I'm thinking about it in regards to night sights on a pistol with a WML. My nightstand pistol is a Glock 19X with a TLR-8. I test it out occasionally to make sure the battery is still good. Inside the room with the lights off I can still see the night sights glow but they do get washed out a bit because of the brightness of the WML. Being in an inside scenario however it does give me a good outline of the sights if I were to need to line them up.

In contrast, as I mentioned in another thread, my wife and I were out on our property well after dark last night. I was using my car light which is a Nitecore SRT 3. However the battery started to run down towards the end. So I took out my Sig P365 with the TLR-6. With the area being much more open and the TLR-6 not as bright as the TLR-8 I could quite clearly see the night sights with the light on. So this experience let me know that I could rely on both the night sights and the TLR-6 if needed. Interesting little off the cuff experiment.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Put the Olight PL-Mini 2 Valkyrie on the G19.5FS and got an appropriate holster.

Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

Nice setup
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Ronin.45 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:51 pmNice setup
Thank you. It was quite comfortable yesterday during our walk. I use to carry a G19.3 off duty but it's been years so this was kinda like saying hi to an old friend.

And that Olight is simply outstanding. I really like that quick attach/detach clip. Makes it so much easier than getting out the Allen wrench on the TLE lights. I've noticed that as I get older those screws get smaller... :lol:

Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

David wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:12 pm
Ronin.45 wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:51 pmNice setup
Thank you. It was quite comfortable yesterday during our walk. I use to carry a G19.3 off duty but it's been years so this was kinda like saying hi to an old friend.

And that Olight is simply outstanding. I really like that quick attach/detach clip. Makes it so much easier than getting out the Allen wrench on the TLE lights. I've noticed that as I get older those screws get smaller... :lol:
Olight still gets plenty of shade from the Streamlight and Surefire fanboys, but after having them all, I'd put Olight right up there with the big guys. They definitely win on features.
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Decided to order another Olight Mini-2 Valkyrie for one of my 19X’s. This one in the desert tan color. First one was black. The color really isn’t that big of a deal but I figured ‘why not’ as they were the same price. First one has worked just fine. This second one will be for the one I may occasionally EDC. Already have an OWB holster for that set up, may look for an IWB.