HK Thread

The section on firearms, knives, bows, improvised and other weaponry. Defensive tactics, self defense, martial arts. Home and personal security. Includes ballistics, modifications and maintenance.
David
Administrator

Re: HK Thread

Post by David »

Ender wrote: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:49 pm In the above example, I'd like to get some feedback on those springs they are shipping with it.
As far as the USP 45 +3 extenders, this is what another member said about them on another forum:
I have recently been using four of Solum Tools +3 extensions on my USP45 12 round mags making them 15 rounders.
They make +1 and +2 ext also. The +3 is a nicely made aluminum anodized extension and comes with a newly redesigned heavy duty spring. I have tested them with all levels of 230g ammo including +P and have had 100% reliability. My USP45 now equals my FNX45s for capacity. Just wanted HK owners to know that there are some nice mag extensions available.
As far as using P30 mags in the USPc with Xgrip, that's a good idea. I felt very comfortable with the Xgrip when using a Glock 19 mag in a Glock 26. The one extra round is nice. I see that Solum tool currently only offers 9mm and 45acp extenders.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

I mentioned in another thread the outlaw match we just shot at this afternoon. I used the USPc40 DA/SA with safety/decocker. Very pleased with how well I did with it. Out of 89 rounds fired over three courses of fire I shot 58 Alphas, 17 Charlies, 8 Deltas and 6 Mikes. The Delta and Mikes were on targets that were probably 20-35 yards away give or take. I wear glasses for distance/driving but I don't wear them normally at the range. Instead I were normal shooting glasses that are non-prescription. Although I'm sure my long distance shooting would improve wearing them, I normally only wear them for driving so in the event of a shooting I'm very likely to not be wearing them. Since I shoot this course from the perspective of a combat course and not a competition against others I feel it benefits me to shot it in a manner that I would likely find myself in i.e. no glasses.

Although I'd rather not have 6 Mikes out of 89 shots, I don't think it's too bad considering no glasses and night time shooting. Definitely something to improve upon. Overall I felt pretty good about the match and definitely enjoyed the USPc40. Very comfortable to shoot. I did fine with the DA to SA transition. I got 4/5 on the Texas Star. Only reason I didn't get all five was that I made the mistake of only bringing 3 mags when I should have brought at least four. I ran short of ammo on that stage or I could have taken another shot or two and I'm sure I would have nailed 5/5. Next time I'll make sure I take enough magazines!

As I mentioned in the other thread, one string of fire was all support hand shooting. Very pleased with how easy the USPc40 was to handle, even in 40 S&W with my support hand considering that's the hand I broke almost two years ago.

So I could easily see carrying the USPc40 as a CCW.
A man cannot call himself peaceful if he is not capable of violence. If he's not capable of violence he isn't peaceful, he is harmless. There is a distinct difference.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot weather this storm". The warrior replies, "I am the storm".
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Model differences:

This is in 40 S&W flavor

P30 = 7.12 length, 5.43 height, 1.37 width, barrel 3.85, sight radius 5.84, weight 26.8

P2000 = 6.85 length, 5.07 height, 1.37 width, barrel 3.66, sight radius 5.55, weight 24.96

USPc = 6.81 length, 5.00 height, 1.38 width, barrel 3.58, sight radius 5.31, weight 27.36

So basically the above is in descending order of large to smaller, not counting weight in the case of the USPc. The USPc is the 'smallest' by a hair though it is just a hair wider and the heaviest of the three. Prior to this comparison I didn't realize the P30 was the 'larger' of the three pistols. I figured the P2000 was the lightest and the USPc the heaviest. One would come to the conclusion that the USPc, being the smallest but the heaviest would mean it has the most robust parts. In a relative measure at any rate.

David
Administrator

Post by David »

David wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:28 am Model differences:

This is in 40 S&W flavor

P30 = 7.12 length, 5.43 height, 1.37 width, barrel 3.85, sight radius 5.84, weight 26.8

P2000 = 6.85 length, 5.07 height, 1.37 width, barrel 3.66, sight radius 5.55, weight 24.96

USPc = 6.81 length, 5.00 height, 1.38 width, barrel 3.58, sight radius 5.31, weight 27.36

So basically the above is in descending order of large to smaller, not counting weight in the case of the USPc. The USPc is the 'smallest' by a hair though it is just a hair wider and the heaviest of the three. Prior to this comparison I didn't realize the P30 was the 'larger' of the three pistols. I figured the P2000 was the lightest and the USPc the heaviest. One would come to the conclusion that the USPc, being the smallest but the heaviest would mean it has the most robust parts. In a relative measure at any rate.
Comparing this with my Glock 19.5FS which weighs 30.16 ounces loaded with 15 rounds. Figure 30.5 ounces with a full 15+1 rounds. A 40 S&W weights about .6 of an ounce (17 grams) whereas a 9mm is about .45 of an ounce (14 grams). This is a ballpark figure on average.

So USPc40 with 12+1 would weigh 35.16 ounces. The G19.5FS with 15+1 would weight 30.16 ounces. So a 5 ounce difference and 3 round difference.

Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

David wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:33 pm
David wrote: Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:28 am Model differences:

This is in 40 S&W flavor

Comparing this with my Glock 19.5FS which weighs 30.16 ounces loaded with 15 rounds. Figure 30.5 ounces with a full 15+1 rounds. A 40 S&W weights about .6 of an ounce (17 grams) whereas a 9mm is about .45 of an ounce (14 grams). This is a ballpark figure on average.

So USPc40 with 12+1 would weigh 35.16 ounces. The G19.5FS with 15+1 would weight 37.36 ounces. So a 2.2 ounce difference and 3 round difference.
I'm confused by your numbers on the 19.5FS.
The gun is 23oz empty. You have it at 30oz loaded. Where is the 37oz weight coming from?
David
Administrator

Post by David »

Ronin.45 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:49 am I'm confused by your numbers on the 19.5FS.
The gun is 23oz empty. You have it at 30oz loaded. Where is the 37oz weight coming from?
My bad. I don't know how I came up with that number since I already had listed it as 30.16 ounces (per Glock). Probably posting too late at night :D

I changed the post to reflect the correct weights so it is really a 5 ounce difference between the USPc40 and the G19FS, in favor of the Glock. I'll need to check my other thread to make sure I didn't mess up the number. Thanks for the catch.

Ronin.45
Board Founder

Post by Ronin.45 »

David wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:34 pm
Ronin.45 wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:49 am I'm confused by your numbers on the 19.5FS.
My bad. I don't know how I came up with that number since I already had listed it as 30.16 ounces (per Glock). Probably posting too late at night :D

I changed the post to reflect the correct weights so it is really a 5 ounce difference between the USPc40 and the G19FS, in favor of the Glock. I'll need to check my other thread to make sure I didn't mess up the number. Thanks for the catch.
If that's the worst problem caused by late night posting, we're doing pretty well. 😁
David
Administrator

Post by David »

While my son and I were going over some gun stuff this afternoon I pulled out the HK P2000 40 S&W. It had been a while since I held it. Wow! I had forgotten how good that pistol felt in the hand. It just doesn't look like it would be that comfortable but there is something about it that just makes it like a hand in glove for me. So now I'm thinking about CCW this one for a change. I love the 40 S&W caliber so this to me is the cat's meow. It's even more comfortable than the USPc which works great for me. The P2000 is in V2 and is very smooth. I need to take this one to an Outlaw match and run, gun and fun it a bit. It's only a couple of ounces heavier that the G19 and about 2 1/2 lighter than the USPc.

Gives me a nice option if I just feel like carrying a 40 S&W (or even 3357sig as I have an HK barrel for it as well).

David
Administrator

Post by David »

Apparently the HK Pro forum is having a few problems and a lot of folks have split off and started their own forum.

https://www.hkproshop.com/forums/

Bob
Board Founder

Post by Bob »

I'm thinking about USP compacts with stainless slides. That is never good...